General Election 2015

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Pipe dream. Its finished for Miliband. He won't even be asked to switch on the Christmas lights in his own house, let alone deliver a Queen's Speech.

It will be his brother who is having the last laugh. A broken family as a result of personal ambition over family loyalties.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Very depressing the country is so split. Reminds me of the 80s.

We've got two major party leaders once a bit less shit than the other one. I'm not that convinced that voting behaivour has changed that significantly - it's as much about the two parties not having the policies or the leaders who broadly appeal. I'm wondering what the Tories plan to actually win an election. It's obviously clear to Labour.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yet again I ask where is Herr T?

To be fair he is taking these early results and exit polls with good grace.

I don't know HT but he seems to me to be the epitome of 'only give it if you are prepared to take it.'

He'll be back and I'd gladly buy him a craft beer if our paths were ever to cross.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What was that story in Eastleigh?

I used to sit next to the LibDem MP there at work many years ago, He's a local, very decent, principled bloke who is in touch with his electorate so I pray he doesn't pay the price for Clegg's VI form goonery and sheer incompetence.

Whole family part of the circus... including his son now... all aboard the gravy train!
It goes further than that; his daughter-in-law is PM of Denmark!
The extremely glam Helle Thorning-Schmidt, Danish Prime Minister and wife of Stephen Kinnock, has arrived at the count at Aberavon. He's hoping to follow his father, the former Labour leader Lord Kinnock, into Parliament.
danish_3296244b.jpg

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Must be a concern for Tory supporters that they are still unable to secure a majority?

What are they doing wrong that for 23 years the UK electorate still cannot completely trust them?

Labour have had a shocker, Miliband is a bacon sandwich buffoon, Libs fall on their swords, and yet still the Tories cannot convince the entire country they are fit to rule.

John Major pulled a bigger result than this is looking like being in '92 and he was on the back of an appalling Tory performance in the preceding years.

Come on Tory people, what are they doing wrong that they are still looking like 10 - 30 seats below a majority?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Yougov/Ashcroft & co needs to have a good hard look at their methodology if it continues like this.

I'm not so sure. I rarely look at Facebook these days but I've just popped on and had a look and, since the exit poll was published, my feed is awash with the lefty intellectual snobbery that grates with me - people who vote Tory are stated as being stupid and/or nasty and/or selfish and/or media sheep.

Put a Conservative sign outside your house and there's a very decent chance it will be removed or vandalised. If you're really unlucky, your property will suffer damage too.

The Bristol Conservative candidate suffered severe vandalism to both her car and that of her parents.

Is it any surprise that those who vote Conservative or consider voting Conservative keep their heads down and remain quiet? I don't think it is.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
For all the floating voters that voted Lib Dem in 2010 - what did you expect? They held the balance of power, they helped the economy recover, they restrained the Tories, the coalition ran the full course and now they face total annihilation. What more could they have done as the smaller party in a coalition?

I agree, I feel rather sorry for them and specially Nick Clegg who I think is possibly the most decent of all the leaders.

But for all the talk of seismic change, we seem to be sticking with the two and half party system in England with UKIP taking the third slot. I think the rise of the extreme right wing UKIP has damaged the Lib Dems more than their involvement in the coalition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports