Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Mrs WQW is a Presiding Officer (over 20 years) and reports that the polling stations are very busy, one run by an associate is reporting double the numbers for recent elections.

Personally I am pleased that people are once again engaging in politics, but am a little worried that the high turnout will benefit the non-Tory vote, oh well, long evening to come.

Yes that is a worry or it could be people thinking let's keep it the same. Who knows. We will in 3 hours or so.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The chap at my polling station was using a stick thing to stuff papers into the box when I voted. This was at 4:30 ahead of what I imagine is the peak post-work period.

"We've been very busy" he commented as he tried to prod the papers down.

Sounds like my mate. I hope he's not been too enthusiastic today, someone might smell a rat if the Labour win is with more votes than there are people in the constituency.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sounds like my mate. I hope he's not been too enthusiastic today, someone might smell a rat if the Labour win is with more votes than there are people in the constituency.

Latest Exit Polls predict a turnout for Tower Hamlets in excess of 356%

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
images.jpg

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
Can we decide which thread is going to be the official election night thread please? This or that 'up all night one', mod should lock one of them.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I have been knocking on doors all pm in N Portslade. All Tory here mate!

Not according to the Labour canvassers that were meeting in the Manor at HAngleton. They were all very confident that Hove will bin the Tories!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here