Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Probably the last major opinion poll for this election...

IPSOS Mori:

Con 36%
Lab 35%
UKIP 11%
LDem 8%
Green 5%
Others 5%

And the important thing there was MORI was only pollster left showing a big Tory phone poll lead - now say near tied too

CON—36% (+1)
LAB—35% (+5)
UKIP—11% (+1)
LDEM—8%
GRN—5%

If there has been a last day surge for anyone, it ain't the Tories

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I'm in bad shape already. Are a long couple of days in Bristol I had a few ciders last night, was up well beyond midnight before falling asleep on the sofa.

I need to re-think my strategy for tonight.

Early dinner, power nap, alarm for 10:30 (there won't be a declaration before then)

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Early dinner, power nap, alarm for 10:30 (there won't be a declaration before then)

Is probably the best plan.

I'm in Belgium so it'll be early to bed for me and up at 5am. In time to see a large chunk of the counts coming in after 4am UK time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Milliband clearly has good taste.

Stephanie Flanders as well. I wonder if some of the bile sent his way is jealousy due to him being such a hit with the ladies? If I was a dull suburban Tory voter knowing my wife, like most women it seems, dreams of Brand and Miliband I'd probably feel the same.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
And the important thing there was MORI was only pollster left showing a big Tory phone poll lead - now say near tied too

CON—36% (+1)
LAB—35% (+5)
UKIP—11% (+1)
LDEM—8%
GRN—5%

If there has been a last day surge for anyone, it ain't the Tories

Those "shy" Tories really are shy.

Final final final poll

The final Guardian/ICM #GE2015 poll:

LAB 35%
CON 34%
UKIP 11%
LDEM 9%
GRN 4%

synavm

May 2, 2013
What does all this mean seat wise? Is it likely, according to the polls, that Labour will be marginally the largest party, or does the situation with Scotland harm their averages?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
What does all this mean seat wise? Is it likely, according to the polls, that Labour will be marginally the largest party, or does the situation with Scotland harm their averages?

Its all swings and roundabouts , the national percentages don't necessarily follow in the key marginals and until the polls close we don't know if tactical voting has swung it one way or the other.

That % includes their well deserved meltdown in Scotland.

I always thought the boundary seat arithmetic favoured Labour in terms of close %s but Ive seen some learned pieces in the last few days that say otherwise

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here