NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
forecast-side-150428.png

Did you knock this up yourself?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Are the DUP those people who were prancing around the last general election offering support for any party that would commit hugely disproportionate investment to their own constituencies? I distinctly remember Andrew Neil cutting them off in an interview because they were basically holding the government to ransom for about 3 seats.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Who's that bloke who said he's gonna sort out all de foreigners? Is it that Boris bloke? He cracks me up! Wot happened to that Nick Griffin? I used to like him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
2, your first comment contradicts your third
No they don't.
3, policies are numerous especially over a three or four decade period, but they broadly involve increasing demand (looser lending arrangements) and decreasing supply (decade-upon-decade of building insufficient stock)
Looser lending arrangements apply across the country, not just in the south, and the lack of housing stock is not a policy, it's a result of the fact we're a small island with a lot of people living here and the south being popular, and strict rules about not building on green sites etc. To claim that disproportionately high rises in property prices in the south are down to government policy is mad.

4, property tends to be the biggest asset, and is easy to tax because it's immobile. I would like to see far higher taxes on financial activity alongside greater regulation to reduce the role of that sector. This is much more difficult to achieve, because finance is highly mobile.
It's not exactly difficult to tax income, since we do it already. The problem with taxing property is that it doesn't tax the wealthiest, it taxes those in the south.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Who's that bloke who said he's gonna sort out all de foreigners? Is it that Boris bloke? He cracks me up! Wot happened to that Nick Griffin? I used to like him.

This parody account of old-skool online trolling is coming along nicely. But then I do like a bit of retro.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are the DUP those people who were prancing around the last general election offering support for any party that would commit hugely disproportionate investment to their own constituencies? I distinctly remember Andrew Neil cutting them off in an interview because they were basically holding the government to ransom for about 3 seats.

They could end up with 8 or 9 seats , the price to pay is roughly an extra £1Bn in "investment funding" diverted to Northern Ireland as a thank you from the Tories.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Did you knock this up yourself?

Its only a prediction of what they think the outcome will be based on all the polls which change on a daily basis. Its all down to who wins the scaremongering campaign , the voters have a choice of Labour and Sturgeon or Conservatives and Farage.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I love the YouGov one in the Sun that they won't mention as it shows Labour in a lead and has done for several days, perhaps @Titanic writes for the Sun ?

They will probably find space for this one...

YouGov/Sun poll (27th April):

CON 35% (+2)
LAB 34% (-)
UKIP 12% (-2)
LDEM 9% (+1)
GRN 5% (-)

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
UKIP are only likely to get 1-3 seats - they are an irrelevance, SNP could have 50+ and a really significant say in any coalitions/s&c deals etc...

They will be propping up the Tories , the DUP will take their 30 pieces of silver but UKIP will end up with their holy grail , an earlier than planned referendum on BREXIT

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
They could end up with 8 or 9 seats , the price to pay is roughly an extra £1Bn in "investment funding" diverted to Northern Ireland as a thank you from the Tories.

Just like PC asking for the same amount of funding for supporting a Labour Government? Although they are likely to only get as many seats as UKIP .

In relation to your post above - the Tories won't need UKIP support, it wouldn't make sense. UKIP are only got to win max. 5-7 seats, if the Tories were only short of a majority by that much then they would form a minority Governemnt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here