Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In fairness to Fritz they have realised they need all the available cash they can muster to clean up what is left of riot torn Frankfurt

It was a bit disrespectful to flip the bird to Germany like he did. He was doing well, and I was on his side, but I'm beginning to waver now. And if I did the same to the missus when she gives me my weekly allowance I'd be mince meat now.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It was a bit disrespectful to flip the bird to Germany like he did. He was doing well, and I was on his side, but I'm beginning to waver now. And if I did the same to the missus when she gives me my weekly allowance I'd be mince meat now.
It wasn't a good sign when Greek politicians started talking about reparations for the second world war.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Nice start to the campaign...

Attachments

• Vote Labour or we will break your legs.jpg
    Vote Labour or we will break your legs.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 229

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
What point are you trying to make from just concentrating on the raw import export figures?

I'll ask you again, give me the full picture. There is a hell of a lot more than just these raw figures. This link might help http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/3db869a4-b81d-11e3-92f9-00144feabdc0.html#axzz3UgUorb7f

Well i gave, as you requested a full picture re imports and exports on page 238.
So further to those.......
Exports to the EU now make up just 36 per cent of the UK’s overseas trade, barely more than we sell to the Commonwealth.
Analysis of Government statistics released in October shows the true size of the EU export market is far less than the 44 per cent official total.
That figure includes goods which go via ports in Belgium and the Netherlands, which are counted as exports to the EU despite them being merely in transit and immediately shipped off to other non-EU countries.
While exports to the EU are in decline, business with the Commonwealth and Anglosphere markets such as the US, Australia and Hong Kong is booming.
Exports to the Commonwealth and the Anglosphere have reached 33 per cent of the UK total – up from 28 per cent in 1992.
The true export tally was uncovered by anti-EU campaign group Get Britain Out.
Spokesman Luke Stanley said: “These figures demonstrate how redundant our membership of the EU has become to the British economy.
“We must leave the EU now and press ahead arranging free trade agreements with our historic and cultural allies all across the globe.
“From the US and Canada in the west to India, Hong Kong and Australia in the east, the potential markets for an independent Britain’s exports are limitless.”
The export figures, released by the Office for National Statistics (ONS), highlight the decline of Britain’s trade with the other 27 countries in the EU.
Even the official figure of 44 per cent is far below the 56.2 per cent share of exports which went to the EU in 1992.

The ONS statistics reveal how the 44 per cent figure is arrived at by counting in exports shipped to other countries via EU ports.
Ian Milne, chairman of anti-EU business pressure group Global Britain said: “The ONS, in the notes at the back of their annual ‘Pink Book’, draws readers’ attention to this statistical distortion.
“Global Britain has attempted to get the ONS, and their masters in Her Majesty’s Government, to address this anomaly, but the perennially Europhile HMG doesn’t want to know.
“It would be embarrassing to have to admit that they’d been overstating the importance of the EU to UK trade for years.”
http://www.express.co.uk/news/polit...rade-blown-apart-not-vital-to-Britain-economy

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Ladbrokes shortened the prices again today for two local Tories Graham Cox @ Hove now 7/4 from 7/2 six months ago & the superb, dedicated & loved by all Simon Kirby MP now 5/4 from 9/4 six months ago (and still an absolute steal) for Brighton Kemptown

Dandyman

In London village.
Did the nation decide it didn't want a majority government? YES
Do you have to trust the MPs you have elected form a government? YES
Do you keep going with further election until you have some fudged majority which is what you are suggesting? NO

We won't agree but as far as I can see you are simply advocating a constitutional coup d'etat.

Hasn't the video been proved to have been faked now?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I don't know why, but I just can't help but think of Herr Tubthumper like this ...........

imalrightjack.jpg

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Ladbrokes shortened the prices again today for two local Tories Graham Cox @ Hove now 7/4 from 7/2 six months ago & the superb, dedicated & loved by all Simon Kirby MP now 5/4 from 9/4 six months ago (and still an absolute steal) for Brighton Kemptown

Those odds imply that Labour are still odds on to take both seats :lolol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Latest Opinium/Observer poll:

Conservative 36 (+3)
Labour 33 (-2)
Liberal Democrat 7 (-)
UKIP 14 (-)
Green 6 -(1)
Other 4

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's nothing in this whole wide world that cheers me up as much as seeing that Titanic has made a post to this thread.

I open the thread up with much anticipation. He rarely lets me down.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Latest Opinium/Observer poll:

Conservative 36 (+3)
Labour 33 (-2)
Liberal Democrat 7 (-)
UKIP 14 (-)
Green 6 -(1)
Other 4

Did you forget to post the Populus poll from yesterday ? CON 31%, LAB 34%, LDEM 9%, UKIP 17%, GRN 5%

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Those odds imply that Labour are still odds on to take both seats :lolol:

Wrong word imply, it's fact & it shows how wrong last years opening prices were by the bookies & how the punters cash are forcing the price change ie in Brighton Kemptown Simon Kirby MP has moved from 5/2,9/4,2/1, 15/8,7/4,6/4 to 5/4 with the Magic Sign. He should be 1/2 given the job he has done. Still value there

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here