Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yes. Most people want to feel they are progressing and have the opportunity to improve their living standards and the circumstances for them and their families. People's individual aspirations come in different forms, but most of us want to do better tomorrow than we did today - or at least have the chance of doing so.

I think that is right whih is why capitalism works better than anything we've seen to date. We need to look after the most needy, not the most lazy.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Seems there's been some cash for Ed

ddd.JPG

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm off to the fridge again.......

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have red bull on standby and snacks galore.

Also a confetti canon ready to fire when the right blue result is announced.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
That was never said at the time you were all saying he was the new messiah, only after illegal wars and crashing the economy amongst other failings did you lefties try to shift the blame by claiming he was a Tory in disguise. Seems to be a character defect in lefties, the inability to accept responsibility.
Hey, i am NOT a leftie! I once insulted Ken Livingstone no less when he was campaigning for the GLC. I was 16 years old, and it was Cup Final day 1983!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Well you just nicked their editorial word for word

Really :)
I must email them as I'm sure Leader Writer on the DM pays more than what I do, plus I knocked that out in about 30 seconds so money for old rope really.

I don't read the DM but I don't know why people get so sniffy about it. It has a huge circulation by current UK newspaper standards and I'm sure people don't buy it just to get annoyed by it - so it must chime with a significant slice of public opinion?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A nice double bock

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 152

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Genuine question from a non-better and something I have always wondered.

What is the advantage to a bookmaker of paying out before a known outcome, as opposed to waiting till after the event?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I liked Blair, but Miliband is many rungs lower on the leadership ladder than him.

Feel massively let down by Blair, i really believed in him........ had so much hope in his leadership.

Labour need to move towards the centre once more with either David Milliband or Chuka Umuna, then they may become mainstream electable again........

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Genuine question from a non-better and something I have always wondered.

What is the advantage to a bookmaker of paying out before a known outcome, as opposed to waiting till after the event?

For future business. In this case though, Dave is 1/5 to win most seats. The Prime Minister bet is levels..

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Feel massively let down by Blair, i really believed in him........ had so much hope in his leadership.

Labour need to move towards the centre once more with either David Milliband or Chuka Umuna, then they may become mainstream electable again........
But if they elected tonight they won't feel they have to do that again.

I hope the Conservatives can genuinely move towards the centre and stop doing stupid hurtful actions like applying the bedroom tax to people who'd lived in a house for twenty years or so. Like most benefit changes it should have applied to new people only - that way it doesn't become or appear vindictive. But the Conservatives, who I generally prefer economically, just seem such gits that it's no wonder people hate them. So instead we're going to be lumbered with the doubtful maths of Ed Balls.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here