Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
The BBC's reporting and selection of news items is way left of centre. Milliband would have been given a much rougher ride had they been more to the centre.

You're inhabiting la-la-land. The press set the agenda in this country, and the vast majority are owned by tax exiles, and pursue such an agenda. It's a shame that you want to pursue such an agenda too, because I doubt you're doing too well. This is not a personal comment, merely a reflection of the fact that most aren't, as median wages have been falling for well over a decade.
The BBC is a great organisation, but it's hopelessly timid, and also falls into the tax exiles' agenda, and its political team are laden with Tories, neoliberals and cultural conservatives: Paxman, Robinson, Maitlis, Humphreys and, worst of all, Landale (sp)

Labour back to 5 point lead tonight, Survation Lab 34% Con 29% UKIP 23% LDs 6%

That would be a Labour majority of about 60-70 seats I reckon

Hilarious while all the Miliband trashing is going on :lol:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Agreed - those Labour MPs sticking the knife into him should just lay low and allow him to lead them to glory.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

However even with figures like that they are set for a wipeout in Scotland. With their over-reliance of Scottish mps and the over representation up there, it would mean they have next to no chance of forming an overall majority.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
However even with figures like that they are set for a wipeout in Scotland. With their over-reliance of Scottish mps and the over representation up there, it would mean they have next to no chance of forming an overall majority.

I reckon Gordon will come to the rescue again. He has saved the UK from Cameron's incompetence and weak leadership once this year; he'll do the same in 2015.

I would have no problem with a Labour-SNP coalition, in fact I'd probably prefer it

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I would have no problem with a Labour-SNP coalition, in fact I'd probably prefer it

Not a bad outcome at all. I don't think it will be the Labour Party wipe-out many are predicting though. Either way Ed will be running the show come May.

Ed Miliband PM
Alex Salmond Deputy PM

The Tory press would have something to bitch about then :drink:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
You're inhabiting la-la-land. The press set the agenda in this country, and the vast majority are owned by tax exiles, and pursue such an agenda. It's a shame that you want to pursue such an agenda too, because I doubt you're doing too well. This is not a personal comment, merely a reflection of the fact that most aren't, as median wages have been falling for well over a decade.
The BBC is a great organisation, but it's hopelessly timid, and also falls into the tax exiles' agenda, and its political team are laden with Tories, neoliberals and cultural conservatives: Paxman, Robinson, Maitlis, Humphreys and, worst of all, Landale (sp)
So Mark Thompson director general of the BBC was making it up when he said that beeb was 'Massively biased towards the left' then??

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So Mark Thompson director general of the BBC was making it up when he said that beeb was 'Massively biased towards the left' then??

This is a reference to when he first joined the BBC in the 70s. He has said this not the case now.

You do know Nick Robinson was a Tory activist, right?

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Wisdom poll for the Telegraph Tories are in the lead for the first time in six months.Tories 31 Labour 30 UKIP 16 LIBDEMS13.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I reckon Gordon will come to the rescue again. He has saved the UK from Cameron's incompetence and weak leadership once this year; he'll do the same in 2015.

Good bit of re-writing of history there. Gordon Brown may well have saved the Better Together campaign from weak leadership but that was the leadership of ..... A.Darling !

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

I prefer YouGov as a more accurate pollster - Con 32%, Lab 33%, LD 8%, UKIP 15%

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good bit of re-writing of history there. Gordon Brown may well have saved the Better Together campaign from weak leadership but that was the leadership of ..... A.Darling !

The actual referendum was Cameron's doing though. If he was a stronger leader he wouldn't have acquiesced to the vote, and spent the time, effort and money on something much more worthwhile. He's supposed to run the UK, not dismantle it.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The actual referendum was Cameron's doing though. If he was a stronger leader he wouldn't have acquiesced to the vote, and spent the time, effort and money on something much more worthwhile. He's supposed to run the UK, not dismantle it.

He gave them their referendum ..... just as the Scots wanted. None of the party leaders were responsible for the actual campaign and purposely so. It's called democracy and if Labour hadn't been such a bunch of weak livered lying toerags the electorate would have had a say on the Lisbon Treaty. Of course, the moment they saw the polls they knew it was lost so didn't allow it. Labour don't like democracy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here