Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Miliband seems a nice enough chap and I think his heart is in the right place,but it's not just him is it,Balls,Harman and a few other Labour MP's don't fill me with any great confidence
I don't need to like the PM (which is lucky, as I don't think I've ever liked a PM). I don't even need to feel they're 'hell yeah' tough enough. I just want their party to run the economy well, and give public sector workers a fair deal.

I don't think the tories are being fair to the NHS staff at the moment. And I don't think Labour understand the responsibility they have to spend the public purse wisely. That's nearly always the same and it's basically why I'm a floater (no comments please).

This time round I feel the economy is too fragile to entrust Labour with it, so I'm almost certainly going to vote tory.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Can't believe I am typing this... I feel sorry for Ed Balls.

It must hurt when even your wife won't defend your economic and political record to Andrew Marr on the BBC, 4 days before a General Election.

Ouch!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can't believe I am typing this... I feel sorry for Ed Balls.

It must hurt when even your wife won't defend your economic and political record to Andrew Marr on the BBC, 4 days before a General Election.

Ouch!

maybe she's seen the polling for Ball's seat, and knows he's a thousand tactical voters away from doing the lecture circuit?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I hate to give ammunition to NSC's right wing cadre, but I've just heard Chuka Umunna interviewed on John Pienar's radio show and, before he went to the news, he asked him for comments on today's football. Umunna, someone I have always quite liked, shouted 'Eagles, Eagles.' I can only hope that he has had a brain freeze and forgotten who he supports, you know, like everyone has sometime or other, (when reading a speech they hadn't written or proof read).

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I don't need to like the PM (which is lucky, as I don't think I've ever liked a PM). I don't even need to feel they're 'hell yeah' tough enough. I just want their party to run the economy well, and give public sector workers a fair deal.

I don't think the tories are being fair to the NHS staff at the moment. And I don't think Labour understand the responsibility they have to spend the public purse wisely. That's nearly always the same and it's basically why I'm a floater (no comments please).

This time round I feel the economy is too fragile to entrust Labour with it, so I'm almost certainly going to vote tory.

Really why do you trust the conservatives with the economy?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I love this idea that there would be a big difference in the way the economy performs if either Labour or the Tories get in (or that they have control over the economy)

Do you really think there would have been any difference in the UKs reaction to the credit crunch under a Tory government ?

The one party that would significantly effect the Economy if they got a majority is UKIP (and not in a good way !)

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I love this idea that there would be a big difference in the way the economy performs if either Labour or the Tories get in (or that they have control over the economy)

Do you really think there would have been any difference in the UKs reaction to the credit crunch under a Tory government ?

The one party that would significantly effect the Economy if they got a majority is UKIP (and not in a good way !)

I agree with this. There are plenty that argue that the Tories have just ridden the crest of the wave of a normal recovery after a recession. It has been used to deliver ideological changes rather than necessary economic ones.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

The Tories had the same spending plans and wanted less restriction on bankers

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Because of their basic principle of supporting the wealth generating private sector?

Or do you think Private Sector Companies don't pay wages, employers National Insurance, VAT and Corporation Tax?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Because I feel they understand that the debt is a problem, and they'll not spend public money carelessly. I think that while we want the wealthy to pay a fair share, Labour (and a lot of their support) are more interested in punishing them for their crime of earning a lot, and taxing them to the point that they work less or leave. For many of them it's about reducing the gap between the rich and the poor, when what it should really be about is improving things for the poor. Historically I think that the tories have done a better job with our economy.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I agree with this. There are plenty that argue that the Tories have just ridden the crest of the wave of a normal recovery after a recession. It has been used to deliver ideological changes rather than necessary economic ones.

It was no normal recovery, that is hardly posssible after the worst economic crisis for 100 years

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The Tories had the same spending plans and wanted less restriction on bankers

Ah the old line. Th last crisis and our poor relatively financial health going into it nothing to do with Labour, it was a GLOBAL financial crisis. And even it the party was partly to blame, which it isnt, the Conservatives would have been worse. Labour were only in power fo 13 years, its not long enough to take accountability, best to shuffle along quickly, keep your head down and hop no one remembers. Trouble is the public do remember which is why people trust them less.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Ah the old line. Th last crisis and our poor relatively financial health going into it nothing to do with Labour, it was a GLOBAL financial crisis. And even it the party was partly to blame, which it isnt, the Conservatives would have been worse. Labour were only in power fo 13 years, its not long enough to take accountability, best to shuffle along quickly, keep your head down and hop no one remembers. Trouble is the public do remember which is why people trust them less.

Trouble is that people remember the Tories are the nasty party which is why they will be booted out next week, they were given a last chance and have totally blown it

Trouble is that people remember the Tories are the nasty party which is why they will be booted out next week, they were given a last chance and have totally blown it

Couldn't disagree more. Most of the silent majority are conservative with a small c. The Tories are gaining support as we near the election & I am quietly confident that the Blues will be close to a majority. All in all faced with the disastrous mess Labour left us with I am delighted in what the coalition has achieved so far, and would be more than content with 5 more years of a blue or blue/yellow government. This country needs stability not chaos.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Couldn't disagree more. Most of the silent majority are conservative with a small c. The Tories are gaining support as we near the election & I am quietly confident that the Blues will be close to a majority. All in all faced with the disastrous mess Labour left us with I am delighted in what the coalition has achieved so far, and would be more than content with 5 more years of a blue or blue/yellow government. This country needs stability not chaos.
Is the correct answer.:thumbsup:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

I think a blue and yellow coalition will be very strong. The Libs have matured a bit and will be harder in their red lines to even better support the blues. For example Cant wait for no income tax up to £12k an i thinkthe Libs will get that through

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think that is a great point. The country is in a really good place, not great but not rubbish. We are moving forward nicely. Those two create a level of uncertainty. Why gamble it all will be a thought going through many a mind

Its telling that you really believe this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here