Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Labour admitted to their mistakes. We are all wise after the event. The Coalition have sat back and allowed millions into the country. Several cities the size of Birmingham if you include the ones not accounted for. The Tories have simply carried on printing money whilst harming the poorest. Thank goodness for the LIB Dems insisting the income tax threshold is raised. The recession was not caused by Labour but by the banks world wide. Osborne was constantly complaining that the banks were being over regulated so obviously the collapse would have been even worse under the Tories.
Unfortunately you appear to be a classic loud mother Tory Boy. Big Mouth strikes again. You think you are bright but your whole world just revolves around yourself. You certainly seem to have a limited grasp of politics.

A 'load mother Tory Boy' ? :facepalm: I'm not voting Tory in this GE. But of course your financial nouse means you can't even work out a simple £30 puzzle - perfect to replace that idiot Balls !!!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Think you've got most of it right here, although Farage was dire from the word go, playing to the gallery, and claiming that we need to get out of Europe and start trading with the commonwealth. Is it 2015 or 1915?
I also think Miliband came across well again, and it was between him and Sturgeon as most impressive performer. What you've got to bear in mind with Miliband is that he was starting from monumentally low ratings and expectations. That he's been right up there in both 'debates' constitutes a turnaround, and I expect you'll continue to see his personal ratings rise ahead of the election.

It'll be interesting to see if you are right, I felt he did himself more damage than good...... The polls seem to have last night as him and Cameron neck and neck. I think [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] made a god point, when he highlighted Cameron needed 325 seats for victory, which seems very unlikely.

I just wonder whether we'll be back to the polls before the end of the year.....

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
We have got the money because, as yet, we haven't defaulted on the debt. If you want it to compare to a household budget, it's like having a mortgage. Except of course the country's mortgage is just for 25 years. There have of course been very few years when a government of any colour has run a surplus. Finally, if your scared of big figures, our nominal GDP for 2015 is £3,000,000,000,000.

People are happy to bang on about the National Debt being the highest it has ever been but also forget to mention GDP is higher than it has ever been! It is double what it was in 2000. Yes, we would all like to see a zero National Debt but that ain't going to happen.
sorry,should have said the country's mortgage isn't for just 25 years!!.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
sorry,should have said the country's mortgage isn't for just 25 years!!.

Well all the great men make mistakes and are man enough to learn from them and when a great man like maybe yourself does make a mistake and manfully admits it, it's a shame that a much lesser man that you will be quick to point it out. We all know who they are these little nick picker smart harrises.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Well all the great men make mistakes and are man enough to learn from them and when a great man like maybe yourself does make a mistake and manfully admits it, it's a shame that a much lesser man that you will be quick to point it out. We all know who they are these little nick picker smart harrises.

Yes, you and drew should be part of the treasury. We should keep running up deficits year after year, when the economy is in recession and when it's booming. Let someone else pick up the bill, either those who lend to us by defaulting or inflation, or leave the problem to another generation. Simples

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Views on a Tory/UKIP partnership?

Why would the Tories go into a partnership with UKIP? I honestly will be surprised if UKIP get more than two MPs. Farage is a ticking bomb, most political parties would distance themselves from him. I really cannot see any partnership with UKIP.

My own view is that Farage made a complete tit of himself on the TV debate.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Why would the Tories go into a partnership with UKIP? I honestly will be surprised if UKIP get more than two MPs. Farage is a ticking bomb, most political parties would distance themselves from him. I really cannot see any partnership with UKIP.

From the Guardian:

Nigel Farage has described David Cameron as “somebody we can sit down and talk to”, prompting Labour to claim their two parties were preparing a “poisonous proposition” to work together after the election.

The Ukip leader made his comments after the leaders’ TV debate showed no clear winner, leading to increased expectations that neither Labour nor the Conservatives will be able to govern alone.

And from the BBC:

The Conservatives and Labour have come under pressure over claims they could be forced into a post-election deal with the SNP or UKIP, respectively.

The polls suggest there may be a hung parliament after 7 May, raising the possibility of a coalition or a deal between different political parties.

Labour has called on the Tories to "come clean" over whether they would team up with UKIP, in that event.

And the Tories have warned a Labour-SNP deal would destabilise the country.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It'll be interesting to see if you are right, I felt he did himself more damage than good...... The polls seem to have last night as him and Cameron neck and neck. I think [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] made a god point, when he highlighted Cameron needed 325 seats for victory, which seems very unlikely.

I just wonder whether we'll be back to the polls before the end of the year.....

It really does look as though the SNP are going to have a big say in the next parliament. The Tories will need to have about a three or four point lead over Labour consistently for them to get within a sniff of a majority. They really need that UKIP vote to begin melting away. Even that lead might not be enough, because most constituency polls suggest that Labour are still doing well in the marginals. I don't expect another election, but it will happen if the Tories are thereabouts and the SNP are king breakers.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

With you on all of this. He was so narrow, and the claim that we should get out the EU and trade with the commonwealth suggests that he still thinks we're in the nineteenth century.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It really does look as though the SNP are going to have a big say in the next parliament. The Tories will need to have about a three or four point lead over Labour consistently for them to get within a sniff of a majority. They really need that UKIP vote to begin melting away. Even that lead might not be enough, because most constituency polls suggest that Labour are still doing well in the marginals. I don't expect another election, but it will happen if the Tories are thereabouts and the SNP are king breakers.

This. I like the SNP thoughts on education and the NHS so I'm happy with this. And it's probably only fair they have a say.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

This. I'm quite embarrassed he is involved in UK politics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here