Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2015

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'd say a SNP coalition with any party it's a hell of a lot more democratic than the current arrangement where they're governed by a party hundreds of miles away which doesn't have a single seat north of the border. If the people don't want an SNP coalition then vote in a majority party....simples.

the Tories do have a single seat north of the border and Liberals, who are also in government, have 11. maybe being Germany you've lost touch. maybe thats why you arent understanding a party focused 100% on one region and its indepedance, isnt the same as the major parties that stand in all seats seeking to represent the whole country (even if they dont necessarily get voted in).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's not that simple though is it ? I'd be happy with a coalition of any combination of Labour, Tory and Lib Dem but certainly not any that included a party like the SNP. How do I go about voting for that ?

How do you go about voting for this? Simple, you, and the rest of the nation, vote in sufficient numbers to bring the majority party or coalition of your choice to power.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
the Tories do have a single seat north of the border and Liberals, who are also in government, have 11. maybe being Germany you've lost touch. maybe thats why you arent understanding a party focused 100% on one region and its indepedance, isnt the same as the major parties that stand in all seats seeking to represent the whole country (even if they dont necessarily get voted in).

One seat, big deal. It doesn't change the sentiment or thrust of my post.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

But they don't, and this is why Scotland is getting ****ed off. The UK is increasingly London-centric. The Scots are kicking up a fuss now, how long before other neglected parts of the UK decide enough is enough?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Might clear my Mortgage and move out in the sticks to Ireland. I'm also blessed with a Swiss passport. I don't know but yet more depressing news close to home, is that homeless in Brighton has doubled since 2011. This will only get worse as the cuts hit harder. Anyone remember the early 90's where homeless and 'got any spare change mate?' was just a normal part of walking around Brighton. Its now getting worse. Just another social problem that will only get worse as the cuts hit the public, services, councils, police and of course NHS. The UK has run a deficit for 320 years!! why the obsession with running a surplus for the first time ever in 5 years? Just for the chancellor to go in the record books? At what price for a black balance sheet?

I like you

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've not had a very good morning. I'm hoping Titanic will be along with his Ashcroft poll shortly to bring a smile to my face and cheer me up a bit.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How do you go about voting for this? Simple, you, and the rest of the nation, vote in sufficient numbers to bring the majority party or coalition of your choice to power.

You ever thought of being a politician ? I only ask as you clearly can't answer the question put before you.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The government doesn't like people who question what is going on, that's why it's far easier to bring in cheap foreign Labour so they can be exploited by low wages, poor working conditions at the same time as cutting down on our services, because these people don't know any different, and anything is better from where they came from. It's a vote winner for the politicians. The trouble with us is that we all know different, we remember how great this country used to be, what it stood for and how our governments have slowly sold this country down the river.

I do agree, except that the policies of employing cheap labour isn't just from foreigners. Mainly its the British that have to put up with low paid work, due to companies ripping up older contracts with decent pensions, and employing cheaper younger workforce on the MW, with only a rubbish savings scheme. Be it private or public. This easy hiring and firing that is supported by our own Tory government and some of the EU law that prevents and protects against it is something the Tories want to renegotiate and get rid of. It's a race to the bottom. Yet the government and top blue chip bosses get a pat on the back for making profits and cuts to improve their balance sheets.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Will the latest YouGov poll do ? Labour 35% Tories 33%

I now have the same feeling I had when Germany beat France in the last World Cup.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Will the latest YouGov poll do ? Labour 35% Tories 33%

That must be what has triggered a MASSIVE change in the next PM odds this morning. Oh.

Screen Shot 2015-03-17 at 10.04.13.png

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
One seat, big deal. It doesn't change the sentiment or thrust of my post.

its not 1, its 12. it completely refutes your point, but i know you'll ignore this.

But they don't, and this is why Scotland is getting ****ed off. The UK is increasingly London-centric. The Scots are kicking up a fuss now, how long before other neglected parts of the UK decide enough is enough?

you seem to be misunderstanding, i dont know if its deliberate or denial. i'll try once more. the major parties (Tory, Labour, Liberals) seek to represent all the nation, even if groups within the nation dont want them to represent them. the SNP only seek to represent one group, about 8% of the total population, and really want independance.

the premise that regions dont/wont like Scots getting more out of deal than they do is exactly what im talking about. the population are being made aware of make up of the union, they and their local MPs should question the Barnett formula and ask why the West Lothian question isnt being addressed. a strong SNP supporting a weak Labour government may lead to a heavily devolved, even federal, system in the UK which might be a good idea. but i doubt it would get that far, we'll end up with just more disproportionate influence to the Scots and their interests. some left wingers might think thats fine but it doesnt help Hastings or Blackburn or Lincoln if focus is on whats better for Greenock, Inverness and Dundee.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
its not 1, its 12. it completely refutes your point, but i know you'll ignore this.

you seem to be misunderstanding, i dont know if its deliberate or denial. i'll try once more. the major parties (Tory, Labour, Liberals) seek to represent all the nation, even if groups within the nation dont want them to represent them. the SNP only seek to represent one group, about 8% of the total population, and really want independance.

the premise that regions dont/wont like Scots getting more out of deal than they do is exactly what im talking about. the population are being made aware of make up of the union, they and their local MPs should question the Barnett formula and ask why the West Lothian question isnt being addressed. a strong SNP supporting a weak Labour government may lead to a heavily devolved, even federal, system in the UK which might be a good idea. but i doubt it would get that far, we'll end up with just more disproportionate influence to the Scots and their interests. some left wingers might think thats fine but it doesnt help Hastings or Blackburn or Lincoln if focus is on whats better for Greenock, Inverness and Dundee.

The Tories have one seat in Scotland. The Tories lead the coalition. What am I ignoring?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

And I'm not misunderstanding you at all. I fully get your point I just don't agree with it. If the nation returns no overall majority then this is what the nation wants. Let the biggest minority party rule.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here