Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

General Election 2010 All-Nighter Edition

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
DONE for the night. Shattered. Been at work since 7.30am this morning. I make that 23 and a half hours.

Off for breakfast and then back on for the council vote.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
This morning the £ is at a LOW for the year against the $ :nono:

Bond prices have fallen sharply too :nono:

inevitable move as the shorters move in, however surely a hung parliament is already priced in? watch as they creep back to prices of last week as the market realises it doesnt actually matter too much. deficit will be dealt with by simple freeze on all public spending for a couple of years, worth £20 Billion and a couple of tinkerings round the edge for another £10 Billion of so.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
So again most of England vote Tory but its the jocks that are making it a hung parliament. Is it time to just cut them loose completely.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So again most of England vote Tory but its the jocks that are making it a hung parliament. Is it time to just cut them loose completely.

Not correct. I think you'll find that the popular vote is dominated by left of centre voters.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington

Yes.

Cut loose the Welsh and Ulster as well and leave them to run their tin pot countries how they want without us subsidising them - my No.1 political ambition but sadly will not happen .......

Dominated ? :lolol: I'm looking at sky news and at the moment the combined lab/lib vote is 288 seats against the tories 287, hardly dominated, you're very transparently clutching at fast disappearing straws :lolol:

He said something similar in another thread that I was thinking about picking up on, but ultimately couldn't be bothered. It looks like we will have a minority Tory government, as the only way a LibLab pact would work is if they had between them 326 seats. That doesn't look at all likely so there's no way they can claim a mandate from the people to form what would in effect be a new government.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dominated ? :lolol: I'm looking at sky news and at the moment the combined lab/lib vote is 288 seats against the tories 287, hardly dominated, you're very transparently clutching at fast disappearing straws :lolol:

Which bit of 'popular vote' didnt you understand? Anyway, using seats, currently it is 239+51+1 (Lab+Lib+Green) = 291. Tories currently have 286.

Anyway, I'm sure we both stand by Queen and Country on this one....and we should therefore follow the rules and allow the British constitution to do it's thing.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It's looking pretty hard to make a viable majority government of any sort with the results as they stand. Unless the COnservatives can make a couple of unexpected gains out of the last 46 seats.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Which bit of 'popular vote' didnt you understand? Anyway, using seats, currently it is 239+51+1 (Lab+Lib+Green) = 291. Tories currently have 286.

Anyway, I'm sure we both stand by Queen and Country on this one....and we should therefore follow the rules and allow the British constitution to do it's thing.
You can add the 1 Alliance seat to the LibDem vote (they're officially aligned) and however many UUP seats to the Tory vote.

Personally I'd like to see a government of national unity, reform the electoral system and do it all again in the autumn. There will be no effective goverment from either side with these results in place. :nono:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If we had a completely proportional system... the BNP would have 13 MPs, UKIP 21, Lib Dems 149, Labour 188 and Conservatives 238.

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

Yep and in those 288 seats there was one voter in each, in the 287 was the rest of the country - popular vote? Don't be daft...

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Sorry if fixtures but don't have time to go through all 48 pages.

But with an illegal war, an economic meltdown ,petrol at its highest ever price and a 20% lead in the polls 6 months ago, oh and bigotgate........

And Dave still can't get an overall majority:facepalm:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here