Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GCSE's

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Anyway, BAG, you're a girl - what are you bothering with exams for?

Stumpy Tim

Uhmm, well I'm not a cleaner and haven't been for ages. I act professionaly pretty much constantly and I work in media. However, that is off topic. If you all want to believe it's cos of jealousy then crack on, you clearly have no idea about my life. What else do you want me to say. I'm sorry you worked so hard? I'm sorry for my opinion? I am not particularly intelligent, I was a poor performer at school but passed my exams. I have looked at papers from a couple of years ago and found them easy. Therefore I have come to my conclusion.

Have you read ANYONE else's comments on this thread?? As I said, I found GCSE's very easy too, so there's no need to apologise to me for working hard because I didn't. What annoys people is that you have belittled those people that do have to work hard to get decent marks. I agree that they're easy, but for many people they're not & they should be congratulated for their achievements.

You are also correct that you're not particularly intelligent as your complete failure to grasp what everyone is saying embarrases you

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
. What annoys people is that you have belittled those people that do have to work hard to get decent marks.

Well, they shouldn't be so sensitive if they feel belittled by an opinion. I'm sure they will get over it.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Have you read ANYONE else's comments on this thread?? As I said, I found GCSE's very easy too, so there's no need to apologise to me for working hard because I didn't. What annoys people is that you have belittled those people that do have to work hard to get decent marks. I agree that they're easy, but for many people they're not & they should be congratulated for their achievements.

You are also correct that you're not particularly intelligent as your complete failure to grasp what everyone is saying embarrases you

I stop really listeneing to people when the most intelligent argument they can come up with is "cleaner". I'm surprised they can tie their shoelaces of a morning let alone pass an exam if that's the best they can do.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Stop being a wind up merchant Nibble - its really tiresome. Get off the "let me post something that will get a reaction" bandwagon...

Tedebear. I am hardly being a wind up. I posted an opinion, albeit contoversial and slightly insensitive but if the response I get is vitriol and personal insults then I will likely respond.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I stop really listeneing to people when the most intelligent argument they can come up with is "cleaner". I'm surprised they can tie their shoelaces of a morning let alone pass an exam if that's the best they can do.

Well I've just got a first for my second year at nursing - most recent essay result - 85%. I can pretty much tie my shoes thanks.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Tedebear. I am hardly being a wind up. I posted an opinion, albeit contoversial and slightly insensitive but if the response I get is vitriol and personal insults then I will likely respond.

If you are as brainy as you say you are - then you must know that posting those sort of comments will guarantee you a response of the type you are getting. That (in my opinion) makes you a wind up merchant, posting to goad a response. Post that sort of stuff day in and day out as you do (I haven't posted for donkey's and yet I come back to find you're still at it) and then the response will become far more extreme, as it has.

With your brains, you should know that.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
If you are as brainy as you say you are - then you must know that posting those sort of comments will guarantee you a response of the type you are getting. That (in my opinion) makes you a wind up merchant, posting to goad a response. Post that sort of stuff day in and day out as you do (I haven't posted for donkey's and yet I come back to find you're still at it) and then the response will become far more extreme, as it has.

With your brains, you should know that.

I didn't say I was brainy but point taken.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I do find this criticism of Nibble rather amusing. Acting is a massively difficult profession to break into and I think there are accepted figures that only 10% work constantly. It is rather childish to throw the 'part-time cleaner, part time extra' insult at him, when a great many actors start that off that way. It is not a cushy profession where you are guaranteed a job.

But go ahead if you feel it strengthens your arguments. Besides which, he has already stated many a time that he no longer has to support himself with a cleaning job.

Mar 13, 2008
Dunno? Shows how easy it is to pass then doesn't it?
Yes it is but they only ask C grade or above questions.
That is the higher paper. On the lower paper you need about 70% and C is the highest grade you can get.

Mar 13, 2008
I do find this criticism of Nibble rather amusing. Acting is a massively difficult profession to break into and I think there are accepted figures that only 10% work constantly. It is rather childish to throw the 'part-time cleaner, part time extra' insult at him, when a great many actors start that off that way. It is not a cushy profession where you are guaranteed a job.

But go ahead if you feel it strengthens your arguments. Besides which, he has already stated many a time that he no longer has to support himself with a cleaning job.
You dont need to be intelligent to be an actor. (Joey from friends (ok he isnt real but he is quite stupid in real life as well))

Stumpy Tim

It's an easy insult yes, but no easier than saying a 16 year old's greatest achievement means nothing.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Yes it is but they only ask C grade or above questions.
That is the higher paper. On the lower paper you need about 70% and C is the highest grade you can get.

Is any of the higher paper multiple choice?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You dont need to be intelligent to be an actor. (Joey from friends (ok he isnt real but he is quite stupid in real life as well))

Can you just slow down and listen for a second? I NEVER said I was intelligent, nor did BOF. He correctly pointed out that it is hard to break into and a risk. I am lucky that I get a lot of work because I work my nuts off to put myself in the position where I may get lucky but I never said that you had to be intelligent to do it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here