Gatherings of more than 6 people to be banned

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And how many wouldn't have died had they got a grip on this earlier when we could see this plague sweeping Italy and Spain - ie closing borders from the worst-hit regions, and testing at airports ? This wasn't hindsight. It was patently clear we had an unfolding continental disaster on our doorstep. Instead we cracked on with Cheltenham, and invited 3,000 fans over from Madrid when it was the Covid epicentre of Europe.

Without mentioning the fact that our "esteemed leader" didn't even feel it worth his while actually attending 5 COBRA meetings during the height of this unfolding crisis.

At some point there MUST be a public enquiry into this gargantuan clusterfvck. Ideally I'd like BJ and his cohorts strung up and publically flogged with their own shoes. Failing that, I can only hope they are at least held to account to a population these lying scumbags have failed miserably to protect through their own rank incompetence.

Cockroaches, the lot of them.

Stop now. If I nod in agreement any harder my head will literally fall off.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
And how many wouldn't have died had they got a grip on this earlier when we could see this plague sweeping Italy and Spain - ie closing borders from the worst-hit regions, and testing at airports ? This wasn't hindsight. It was patently clear we had an unfolding continental disaster on our doorstep. Instead we cracked on with Cheltenham, and invited 3,000 fans over from Madrid when it was the Covid epicentre of Europe.

Without mentioning the fact that our "esteemed leader" didn't even feel it worth his while actually attending 5 COBRA meetings during the height of this unfolding crisis.

At some point there MUST be a public enquiry into this gargantuan clusterfvck. Ideally I'd like BJ and his cohorts strung up and publically flogged with their own shoes. Failing that, I can only hope they are at least held to account to a population these lying scumbags have failed miserably to protect through their own rank incompetence.

Cockroaches, the lot of them.

The thing that sticks in my craw is that in 12-24 months time those w*****s will walk away from the political scene
sitting on their millions that they've made through their own incompetence, lining HS2 pockets, lying to
us time and time again and giving contracts for apps to Dom's mates that were doomed from the start and
hat will be it.

No comeback. Utter, utter scum of the earth, the lot of them.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Precisely this, perhaps people need to look closer to home, with all the group activities that have been going on, and leftie activists travelling about who don't give a monkies that we are in a pandemic.

The guys going into pubs drinking and going out partying have kept the virus going and how many have travelled on a plane in the last 8 weeks for stuff that really didn't matter?

I heard on the radio some geezer booing because he was going on a stag night abroad might lose out, because there were 13 of them.

all of them fools that think they are immune to laws and the virus.

We will be out clapping the NHS on the doorsteps in a few weeks.

How dare people go to pubs,
Like Boris was begging them to do last month

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

regional and demographic spread of cases and mortality dont match those events though. they seem misguided in retrospect, but low impact. we were at one week behind imposing restrictions, and relative to case numbers (which drives medical policy response) about the same. europe closed borders for "non-essential travel", which was broad scope, it was only indivudals reaction that really stopped travel. the real problem, here and abroad, was what authorities did after lockdown. we'll wait for the enquiry to see that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And he's nasty. Today, suggesting that Starmer was running down the NHS for having the temerity to ask (rather nicely I thought) why his constituent and others couldn't get a test anywhere in the UK yesterday, even with symptoms, was an absolute disgrace. I can't remember a PM or leader of the opposition ever playing the man in such an egregious fashion. It wasn't so much a tackle from behind as a two footed lunge into Starmer's face while he was eating his half time orange. One can only boggle at the sort of criminally insane assault Boris will launch when Starmer actually condemns him for his shambolic dissembling bunglecuntery.

Playing the man you say? Typical of Boris and his supporters.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
regional and demographic spread of cases and mortality dont match those events though. they seem misguided in retrospect, but low impact. we were at one week behind imposing restrictions, and relative to case numbers (which drives medical policy response) about the same. europe closed borders for "non-essential travel", which was broad scope, it was only indivudals reaction that really stopped travel. the real problem, here and abroad, was what authorities did after lockdown. we'll wait for the enquiry to see that.

You say low impact, but the north-west has been one of the Covid hotspots from the outset (and still is, currently with 50 cases per 100k in the last week, the highest in the country). I can't imagine allowing 3,000 from Madrid, plus however many from a festival of 250,000 - many of whom will have travelled via the NW from Ireland and back - would have overly helped things back then. Those two events in mid-March should have been binned. The warning klaxons were already ringing loud and clear. Setting up a few hand sanitisers was never going to be enough.

The people who are responsible for our safety failed us. They have the experts, they could see along with the rest of us what was going off in Europe, they are supposed to make decisions. We had what SHOULD have been a natural advantage in being an island state, but in the end it made no difference, because they did nothing until it was too late. And even then its been an unending shambles. This "we followed the science" mantra was a load of BOLLOCKS as well. Its just a feeble attempt to absolve themselves of any responsibility and accountablity. "Oh, some scientist guy said so". Yeah. Right.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The people who are responsible for our safety failed us. They have the experts, they could see along with the rest of us what was going off in Europe, they are supposed to make decisions.

Based on this, presumably you think increasing restrictions now is absolutely the right thing to be doing then (whether you agree the the specific restriction being brought in is the right one or not)?

I ask because I see a lot of people damning the imposition of restrictions now and I'm curious how many were also in the "you did it too late in March" camp.

(Note: I'm not saying we weren't too late in March, and I'm also not saying the 6-person rule is right or not)

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You say low impact, but the north-west has been one of the Covid hotspots from the outset (and still is, currently with 50 cases per 100k in the last week, the highest in the country). I can't imagine allowing 3,000 from Madrid, plus however many from a festival of 250,000 - many of whom will have travelled via the NW from Ireland and back - would have overly helped things back then. Those two events in mid-March should have been binned. The warning klaxons were already ringing loud and clear. Setting up a few hand sanitisers was never going to be enough.

the numbers from March/April do show high cases right across North West, not especially high in merseyside, and similar to other urban areas. number dont match the claim, thats all.

This "we followed the science" mantra was a load of BOLLOCKS as well. Its just a feeble attempt to absolve themselves of any responsibility and accountablity. "Oh, some scientist guy said so". Yeah. Right.

that goes both ways, are we not supposed to follow the science? follow politican, media whims, public opinon? and in the end they did follow science when it overwhelmingly showed a Very Bad scenario. meanwhile other experts supposed to have planned for this had a plan that lead to thousands of avoidable deaths.

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Based on this, presumably you think increasing restrictions now is absolutely the right thing to be doing then (whether you agree the the specific restriction being brought in is the right one or not)?

I ask because I see a lot of people damning the imposition of restrictions now and I'm curious how many were also in the "you did it too late in March" camp.

(Note: I'm not saying we weren't too late in March, and I'm also not saying the 6-person rule is right or not)

To be honest, if it keeps me WFH for as long as possible (or forever) then I have no issue in them bringing in new restrictions. I'm all for it. If it helps reduces risk and infection numbers, then of course its the right thing to do.

That said, its just so haphazard I'm struggling to see how effective it can be. So as of Monday I can go down the pub with no more than 5 mates, but be mixing with however many others who happen to be in the bar. I'm being brow-beaten by the government into returning to the office along with all my other colleagues, at precisely the moment we appear to be embarking on a significant spike in covid infections.

They've made such a fudge of it from start to finish, I'm just wearily trying to continue to use my own common sense tbh. Because you won't get any from this mob who are supposed to be in charge.

Last edited:

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
In June my dad was having dizzy spells and tingling in his arms so my mum literally dragged him to the doctors, 3 days later he was at PRH having mri's on his head.

A consultant oncologist appointment 4 days later revealed 3 tumours. Up in London last week at Royal Marsden having his mask fitted and intensive radiotherapy starts tomorrow.

Wishing your dad all the very best mate, scary times but try and be strong for him .

D

Deleted member 2719

How dare people go to pubs,
Like Boris was begging them to do last month

Haha mate, I don't agree with all what Boris says, if people can not use their own common sense in this world we are in real trouble.
Don't tell me you have been in a boozer:wink:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Haha mate, I don't agree with all what Boris says, if people can not use their own common sense in this world we are in real trouble.
Don't tell me you have been in a boozer:wink:

When the weather is decent, I'm quite often moseying along to sit outside in the beer garden for a couple of lunchtime pints. Ordering from my phone, table service and all that. One of the joys of WFH, the cheeky 90-minute "liquid lunch hour". Today being a case in point.

Long may it continue.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
When the weather is decent, I'm quite often moseying along to sit outside in the beer garden for a couple of lunchtime pints. Ordering from my phone, table service and all that. One of the joys of WFH, the cheeky 90-minute "liquid lunch hour". Today being a case in point.

Long may it continue.

How familiar are you with the British weather?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I’ve been crunching the numbers all day and I’ve worked out that three people meeting from three separate households represents less risk than six from two. This way I can get together with my brother and best mate for a night of beer drinking in a Covid safe house of our choice. Naturally I then surmised that two people from four households represented even less risk but a frankly bemusing home life. Then I realised that numbers really aren’t my forte... I then concluded I needed a lie down.

I’m still backing my three from three policy regardless.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How familiar are you with the British weather?

:lolol:

Very. Thats why I'm making the most of it while I can.

In fairness I went into the office about a month ago, and one of the other drones remarked on the "sussex tan" I have acquired. I have a south-facing garden, and during the heatwaves, I've basically spent most afternoons with my laptop on the patio, basking in the sun as I tapped away. Another big thumbs up for WFH then - although I have to say, the office aircon when I went in that day was heavenly.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Johnson is getting measured for a father crimbo outfit.

Warning us that crimbo might be bolloxed now will see him the hero when he suspends some restrictions in mid December. What a great man.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
In June my dad was having dizzy spells and tingling in his arms so my mum literally dragged him to the doctors, 3 days later he was at PRH having mri's on his head.

A consultant oncologist appointment 4 days later revealed 3 tumours. Up in London last week at Royal Marsden having his mask fitted and intensive radiotherapy starts tomorrow.

17 months ago I was having three days of Cyber Knife treatment at the Royal Marsden.
This was after having a 22mm tumor removed from my brain :eek:
Had the results from my latest MRI scan today - all clear.
Tell your Dad to be positive it helps :thumbsup:

D

Deleted member 2719

Long may it continue.

I know pubs have taken hiding, but so have humans, I believe the risk is too high, I don't feel the need nowadays to drink at the pubs. A bottle of red on a Friday night will get the missus and me through this awful pandemic.
I am happy to give it another 7-8 months for I start going to restaurants and pubs again.
The wait will hopefully make it all worthwhile, thats If we have any pubs left then!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Below is an attract from a paper published in the Lancet last month on effects of COVID on cancer treatment.
Bottom line is that at least 3000 people will die because they didn’t receive treatment due to COVID precautions.

We estimated that across the four major tumour types, breast, colorectal, lung, and oesophageal, 3291 to 3621 avoidable deaths and an additional 59 204 to 63 229 YLLs will be attributable to delays in cancer diagnosis alone as a result of the COVID-19 lockdown in the UK. The increase in deaths due to cancer up to 5 years after diagnosis ranged from 4·8% for lung cancer to 16·6% for colorectal cancer. These additional deaths are projected to occur as a consequence of the national COVID-19 pandemic measures, which have reduced the number of people seeking health care and access to and availability of diagnostic services. Our findings complement those from a study by Sud and colleagues22 showing the impact of treatment delay, predominantly surgical, on excess mortality.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't read the whole article but does it give an estimate as to how many people could have died with covid had we not had a lockdown from the middle of March? We've had over 40k deaths for people who've tested positive (not necessarily the cause of the death), over 60k excess deaths over that period.

If on one hand you have 3500 cancer patients to save or 50k covid related deaths, what do you do? Almost a case of Sophie's Choice.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports