Gatherings of more than 6 people to be banned

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
Sod Facebook - just start believing a few facts and personal experience. I found a suspicious growth early this year; I went to my GP who referred me to a consultant at the hospital. I was given an appointment. Shortly after 20th. March the appointment was cancelled. I eventually was seen on 31st. July, and had the thing removed a couple of weeks ago. As a matter of routine it's gone for a biopsy - haven't heard yet...... hope it's OK ......
Medical opinion on 31st. July and a couple of weeks ago was that it didn't look dangerous - hope that's right, but thirty years ago I was in a similar position - 'Nothing to worry about' - and it turned out that it certainly was! Luckily I am one of the very few to have survived that one - but my point is, that three month plus delay in getting diagnosis and treatment due to CV could easily have been fatal. For some it has been (and for some it still will be).

I believe the personal experiences, but what are the options?

I still take a with a pinch of salt some of the Facebook stories about people dying within 6 month, since this Pandemic started, due to lack of treatment. I am not denying there are cases, but as I said earlier, Facebook is full of such said sad stories...

I feel for anyone who has been denied treatment during this very difficult time, as I also feel for those who have been affected and continue to be directly affected by Covid.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A surgeon I know was bemoaning the fact that he is now having to deal with the consequences of people not seeking treatment earlier because they were afraid to go anywhere there might be COVID-19 patients. It really is tragic, and unnecessary. Junior Orange hurt his toe a week or two into lockdown, and we got directed to a nearby walk-in centre, there were barely three or four other patients there (mostly trampoline accidents), and he got triaged and x-rayed very quickly (the toe was broken) - we were in no danger of being infected.

Another good point, and contribution to the statistics on numbers of patients seen/dealt with.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Because it would be taking these token gestures too far.

I'll wear them in shops and things even though I dislike wearing them. But it's only half an hour of my life at a time. Wearing them everywhere for no other reason other than what is essentially showing my support for the government is just utter madness. Would not do it.

So you won't be returning to the Amex until Covid has gone, given the requirement to wear a face covering outside of the ground for the trial event.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Which cannot be stated as fact, since none of them ever faced a global pandemic as devastating as Covid-19. It is merely an opinion (which tbf, many will agree with, especially on NSC), based on your view of Boris Johnson, which is well known all over the Bear pit.
If you were born in the Supermac era, you'll be too young to remember the car crash that was Sir Dalek Houglas-Doom, and probably weren't too aware of the chronic ineptitude of Heath, either. neither of whom would I have wanted in charge in the face of Covid-19 thank you very much. Wouldn't have had any faith in Callaghan or Major either.

You're right, It is all about opinions.

I am too young to remember Alex Douglas Hume to be honest, because I'm only just over 60, so I guess you're nearly 80 to remember in detail what he did for 12 months in 1963 ?

And I know I have made my views, that Boris Johnson is completely incompetent and that his puppeteer Cummings is not half as clever as he thinks he is, known all over NSC for the last 4+ years, but i guess that insight is a bit like comedy, all in the timing :wink:

However I do remember Heath, Callaghan and Major and would take any one of them, over Johnson, to have managed to keep the excess deaths as a result of Covid lower than Johnson's 'achievement' of the highest in Europe, despite the geographic and timing advantages the UK had, and to be capable of negotiating a deal with the largest trading bloc in the world, without backtracking to break International law and taking us out with 'no deal' :shootself

*edit*

Just seen your latest postings. Hope everything works out well :thumbsup:

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thats absolutely shocking. Hope everything is ok chap.

Hope you are all good now.
Nothing confirmed, but I'm honestly not too worried, but thanks anyway.

I still take a with a pinch of salt some of the Facebook stories about people dying within 6 month, since this Pandemic started, due to lack of treatment.
Not dying in six months - no, probably not - but a three months delay in starting treatment can easily be the difference between life and death. Because of Covid, many people will have died before their time without contracting Covid.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's ridiculous if that's a requirement but I'd do it to support the club and football in general.

I was with you when you implied that you wouldn't wear a mask all day long, implying when walking with members of your bubble on the Downs etc.

But if you think wearing a mask at a social gathering like a football match is 'ridiculous' you clearly haven't been paying attention :shrug:

Admittedly if The Albion let in only those under 55 and compensate the rest of us in part of a national 'protect the vulnerable' initiative then you'd be welcome to watch without a mask, without wearing pants, and while exhaling smoke from a massive bong, for all I would care.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

I still take a with a pinch of salt some of the Facebook stories about people dying within 6 month, since this Pandemic started, due to lack of treatment. I am not denying there are cases, but as I said earlier, Facebook is full of such said sad stories...

I feel for anyone who has been denied treatment during this very difficult time, as I also feel for those who have been affected and continue to be directly affected by Covid.

The lancet paper I quoted isn’t Facebook.

3000 will directly die due to lack of treatment, a further 36,000 will have a significant reduction in life expectancy. Both these figures are low end.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Still better than Johnson who is the lowest of the low.

He lies, then he lies again and after that he lies some more. When he stops lying, after a short while he starts lying again.

And he's nasty. Today, suggesting that Starmer was running down the NHS for having the temerity to ask (rather nicely I thought) why his constituent and others couldn't get a test anywhere in the UK yesterday, even with symptoms, was an absolute disgrace. I can't remember a PM or leader of the opposition ever playing the man in such an egregious fashion. It wasn't so much a tackle from behind as a two footed lunge into Starmer's face while he was eating his half time orange. One can only boggle at the sort of criminally insane assault Boris will launch when Starmer actually condemns him for his shambolic dissembling bunglecuntery.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
However I do remember Heath, Callaghan and Major and would take any one of them, over Johnson, to have managed to keep the excess deaths as a result of Covid lower than Johnson's 'achievement' of the highest in Europe, despite the geographic and timing advantages the UK had.......................
I wouldn't. Just my opinion, every bit as valid as yours (and i'm not suggestig BJ's got everything right either). He did pretty well to start with, but has been pretty poor since failing to deal with the Cvnt Cummings, which is when the lockdown/take care plans started to wobble.

............................and to be capable of negotiating a deal with the largest trading bloc in the world, without backtracking to break International law and taking us out with 'no deal'.
.................and you still can't stop conflating your hatred for Boris for his support for Brexit with your belief that because of that he must be incompetent over Covid-19 as well. Because of your 'Boris is Brexit is Bad' fixation, you can't see that he has run into a shit-storm that is none of his doing, and is dealing with it no better - or no worse - than most other PMs might have done.

Covid has nothing to do with Brexit, and vice versa. Get used to it!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Fully agree face masks should be worn inside the ground, but outside the ground, with the exception of queues, it is ridiculous.

But if that's what it takes to get fans back, so be it.

You seem to be backtracking but I'll take that. Where social distancing is likely to break down, wearing a mask is surely a hit anyone can take, especially when there is live football to enjoy:thumbsup:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I wouldn't. Just my opinion, every bit as valid as yours (and i'm not suggestig BJ's got everything right either). He did pretty well to start with, but has been pretty poor since failing to deal with the Cvnt Cummings, which is when the lockdown/take care plans started to wobble.

.................and you still can't stop conflating your hatred for Boris for his support for Brexit with your belief that because of that he must be incompetent over Covid-19 as well. Because of your 'Boris is Brexit is Bad' fixation, you can't see that he has run into a shit-storm that is none of his doing, and is dealing with it no better - or no worse - than most other PMs might have done.

Covid has nothing to do with Brexit, and vice versa. Get used to it

Cummings was appointed as a Government Spad in 2007.

Cummings/Johnson was the dream team you voted for at the last election, he's not some recent arrival.

And of course they're related, Brexit is the only reason that we now have this incompetent moron and his puppeteer in charge of Covid. And my view of his handling of Covid is based completely on his handling of Covid :facepalm:

The fact that he is making a complete clusterf*** of both of them is, i'm sure, pure coincidence ???

Last edited:

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
The lancet paper I quoted isn’t Facebook.

3000 will directly die due to lack of treatment, a further 36,000 will have a significant reduction in life expectancy. Both these figures are low end.

And how many would have died without lockdown, 64,000 and counting with it...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Cummings was appointed as a Government Spad in 2007.

Cummings/Johnson was the dream team you voted for at the last election, he's not some recent arrival.

And of course they're related, Brexit is the only reason that we now have this moron and his puppeteer as PM. :facepalm:

Never herd of Cummings before the cvnt went on his fvck lockdown UK tour.

Covid is related to Brexit? If you seriously believe that, GET HELP NOW!

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

If you didn't know who the people were that you voted for, then you either need to do a little more research before voting or suck up the results of what you've done.

:bigwave:

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

That is not up for debate and as far as I’m aware ever was? You implied that people prematurely dying of cancer due COVID was a greatly exaggerated story on Facebook. It clearly isn’t. How many of 36,000 with greatly reduced life spans will die in the next couple of years or is it that not important?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

To be fair to two posters I like......it was probably easy to not notice Cummings if you were in favour of Brexit; all was going swimmingly for you after Boris became tory leader, but the rest of us were trying to make sense of who was pulling the strings, saw Cummings, read up on him and realised what was on the menu.

Covid is linked to Brexit only in that the mastermind of Boris' successful power grab (becoming tory leader then winning a GE) is also the same man who is running our Covid strategy, overseeing COBRA meetings and being a general black cloud all over everything, as he has been since Boris signed his allegiance to him with (probably someone else's) blood.

You are having what is known as an apotheosis. :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you didn't know who the people were that you voted for, then you either need to do a little more research before voting or suck up the results of what you've done.

:bigwave:

To be fair to [MENTION=12935]GT49er[/MENTION]....read my post above :thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

And how many wouldn't have died had they got a grip on this earlier when we could see this plague sweeping Italy and Spain - ie closing borders from the worst-hit regions, and testing at airports ? This wasn't hindsight. It was patently clear we had an unfolding continental disaster on our doorstep. Instead we cracked on with Cheltenham, and invited 3,000 fans over from Madrid when it was the Covid epicentre of Europe.

Without mentioning the fact that our "esteemed leader" didn't even feel it worth his while actually attending 5 COBRA meetings during the height of this unfolding crisis.

At some point there MUST be a public enquiry into this gargantuan clusterfvck. Ideally I'd like BJ and his cohorts strung up and publically flogged with their own shoes. Failing that, I can only hope they are at least held to account to a population these lying scumbags have failed miserably to protect through their own rank incompetence.

Cockroaches, the lot of them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports