Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Gastroenteritis

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Obviously a posh way of saying tummy bug.

Warning contains references to poo and things

Anyway, I rarely gets these and not at the current level this one is at.

Not so much pain in the stomach as a knot. At first I was sick but now it's the runs. I guess if you've read this far you're not frightened of gory detail, so I reckon last night I went to the loo twenty times and, yes, I shat myself too. It might as well be coming out the other side for all its lack of substance.

I've been trying to eat, but the thought of eating makes me feel sick. I've got the dehydration powders thingys and all seems clear there. Constantly tired but unable to sleep, I took sleeping pills last night.

Rare time off work for me. And I hate it. Do many others have recent experience or advice ?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011

Not so much pain in the stomach as a knot. At first I was sick but now it's the runs. I guess if you've read this far you're not frightened of gory detail, so I reckon last night I went to the loo twenty times and, yes, I shat myself too. It might as well be coming out the other side for all its lack of substance.

I've been trying to eat, but the thought of eating makes me feel sick. I've got the dehydration powders thingys and all seems clear there. Constantly tired but unable to sleep, I took sleeping pills last night.

Rare time off work for me. And I hate it. Do many others have recent experience or advice ?
Advice? Yes. See a doctor, and see them now.
I messed about, thinking there wasn't much wrong with me. There was. Bad things.
Just do it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Advice? Yes. See a doctor, and see them now.
I messed about, thinking there wasn't much wrong with me. There was. Bad things.
Just do it.
Or ring 111 and ask for advice. They can refer you(BL) to A&E if necessary.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I have IBS so you have my sympathies BL. That said what you've described is worse than anything I've had so I echo whoever said go to the doctors(or get them to you if that is still a thing?)/seek medical advice.

Hopefully it's nothing more than a bug that will pass(no pun intended) quite quickly but it's worth speaking to a medical professional about.

Good luck!

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer

I had it once about 35 years ago, not pleasant and luckily not as bad as yours! I’m sure I went to the Doctor though and they mentioned things to and not to consume, so as not to aggravate the Condition. Have you phoned the NHS helpline yet?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

All I can say is forget about work, focus on yourself and for sleep, try listening to music, preferably on headphones.
Take care.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020

You're very sad................in between visits to the loo, you have time to tell us about your problem................fraud !

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thanks for responses, Doc reckons it's a nasty case of gastroenteritis. I've had more loo visits than VAR has made. seasonal apologies in the last 24 hours. Told that if it's still happening after 7 days (yikes) then they will need sample thingies

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sound similar to cyclosporiasis which I caught on holiday. If it’s anything that lasts for more than a couple of days get to the doc - will need a sample sent for analysis. Cyclosporiasis needs pretty strong antibiotics to get rid of it.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Sounds an awful experience. 🤮

Hope you get better soon and when you do, try and book a gastroscopy with your GP - not pleasant at a hospital but it's the best way of sorting out all tummy troubles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here