Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gaston Ramirez on loan?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Stat are you going through the male menopause perchance ? For the past few months you just come over all flustered and stuck in a downward spiral of footballing doubt. Kayal and Stephens seemed to have really gelled this season, but we do have three other good options. I feel confident that a match fit Crofts can pick up a few important goals coming on for the last 20 minutes with Bobby Z, once our core four have run the legs off the opposition. Unless we start picking up long term injuries, there is no need to panic.

Yes, but that's not the issue here.

I just think on the face of it we could be quite blase about the CM options.
But looking beyond the quantity and appearances the only man for man replacement is Crofts.

That's why in answer to the OP's claim 'I wouldn't have thought we need anymore midfielders' I think we very much do, primarily because Crofts , again sadly, can't be relied upon.

Crofts could easily cover either Kayal or Stephens he could also be the senior partner to Ince or JFC if the main 2 were both unavailable.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Yes, but that's not the issue here.

I just think on the face of it we could be quite blase about the CM options.
But looking beyond the quantity and appearances the only man for man replacement is Crofts.

That's why in answer to the OP's claim 'I wouldn't have thought we need anymore midfielders' I think we very much do, primarily because Crofts , again sadly, can't be relied upon.

Crofts could easily cover either Kayal or Stephens he could also be the senior partner to Ince or JFC if the main 2 were both unavailable.

At no stage was that a claim. Just to be clear.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Yes, he quoted you. You said "I wouldn't have thought we need anymore midfielders", now you're saying you never said that.

No I am not. Put it down to interpretation of language, have a nice day now

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey I'm confused.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Gaston is a luxury player, he would be a class above, but I'm not sure it's what we need

If, by "luxury player," you mean a lightweight who disappears for long periods, has very little interest in the muck'n'nettles side of the game, and would be no use whatever on the proverbial wet Tuesday night in Bolton, then he's the man. Certainly that's what he was at Southampton.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He was on loan at Hull and they haven't bitten, so this signing would worry me more than excite me.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
This is the same Gaston Ramirez who has got 35 caps for Uruguay?

He is twice the player of ANY of our midfielders.

(If he can bothered, that is)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here