Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Stevens in drug shocker......

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Speaking at the Chestnut Tree lunch yesterday Albion legend Stevens claimed that Diego Maradona performance in the 1986 world cup quarter final was 'enhanced'.

Shame he wasn't tested at the time, we might have gone on to win it!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What was all that shit about Azerbajan?

Sep 20, 2005
Speaking at the Chestnut Tree lunch yesterday Albion legend Stevens claimed that Diego Maradona performance in the 1986 world cup quarter final was 'enhanced'.

Shame he wasn't tested at the time, we might have gone on to win it!

He was tested at the time. Terry Butcher tells a funny story about them sitting in the testing-room together and him asking Diego whether he had cheated or not. I heard him repeat the story just the other night on FiveLive.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
He was tested at the time. Terry Butcher tells a funny story about them sitting in the testing-room together and him asking Diego whether he had cheated or not. I heard him repeat the story just the other night on FiveLive.

That's slander then and Diego's got 600 potential witnesses.:lolol:

Not sure any of them would go to court though.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
What was all that shit full stop?

All my table were left 'puzzled' after Grease's 'set'.

And mine, although I was the only Albion fan on the table.

That said one of my colleagues then proceeded to tell me that when she was 21 and Gary was 18 they "courted". Back of the net (as he used to say :thumbsup:)

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
And the opening gambit that 'Sir Geoff Hurst would not be signing any autographs for obvious reasons' was another puzzler.

Well all is said and done it was for a childrens hospice, so what harm would signing personalised autographs have been?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I must have missed that. I got my photo with Geoff "the sweat" Hurst. You'd have thought after year's of doing these someone would point out the obvious problem of that coloured shirt in a hot room!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here