Gary Speed dies aged 42

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
With all due respect, sod off.

If you have something to say to me then do it in an open forum, I am old and bold enough to take it, you don't have to do so by PM...and less of the obscenities please, it just makes you look stupid.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
What desperately sad news. Watched him on Football Focus yesterday and he looked perfectly well and happy. Goes to show you never know what is going on behind the scenes. Wish he could have spoken to someone instead of resorting to this. Horrendous that it's so close to Christmas with such a young family.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
If you have something to say to me then do it in an open forum, I am old and bold enough to take it, you don't have to do so by PM...and less of the obscenities please, it just makes you look stupid.

Can we have one f***ing thread which doesn't end in a fight? It's so tiring. Someone has f***ing died and you guys just want to make snidy comments to eachother. Cut it out.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010

I've said nothing stupid. It was to keep a binfest off this thread.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Sad news indeed, he was turning the Welsh team around and looking their best for years.
Shame that posters on here have to have a slanging match on a thread where we should be paying condolences.

RIP Speedo

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
What desperately sad news. Watched him on Football Focus yesterday and he looked perfectly well and happy. Goes to show you never know what is going on behind the scenes. Wish he could have spoken to someone instead of resorting to this. Horrendous that it's so close to Christmas with such a young family.

Strangely, this is what can occur, he probably knew what he was going to do and that feeling of certainty genuinely made him happy at that time.

Durlston

NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Gary's cause of death will send shockwaves through the world of football and how mental health is just as important as physical health. It is just so awful and there has to be more support for footballers when they finish their playing careers.

Nothing else really matters now in football. Desperately sad that he might not have sought help for his problems.

Jimmy Grimble

It's pretty obvious why he chose to PM you rather than respond in the thread isn't it?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Terrible. RIP Gary. A friend back in the day killed himself the same day I spoke to him and I didnt see any sign whatsoever so you never know really whats in somebodies head. Why is it being reported as 'no suspicious Circumstances rather than suicide?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Goes to show you never know what is going on behind the scenes. Wish he could have spoken to someone instead of resorting to this.

Agree totally with this. A bloke I knew took his own life a couple of years ago, he had been through some really difficult times and was very well supported by a wide range of friends. He seemed to have got his life back on track, had moved away from the area, but it didn't make the news any less shocking.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
They should have called the games off today. No excuses. Some of his ex-team mates/friends are due to play. Madness.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
swanseas minutes silence just broke out into clapping and chanting of 'only one gary speed'

seemed to make it even more emotional

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Truely astonishly sad news. RIP

Minutes silence at the Swansea game turned into applause and "one Gary Speed" chants.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports