Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Moore of Thin Lizzy

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Does he live in Brighton?

Thought I saw him twice in the Lanes yesterday, first time wasn't sure, second time got told off by my wife for staring.

Either that or he has a doppleganger.

D

Deleted User X18H

No he trains near Arundel now I think. He got to big for the Woodingdean yard.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Don't think he lives in Brighton, but he's been staying in the hotel I work in quite often. Nice bloke.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Before his last tour, Gary Moore visited Guitar and Amp in North Road (as he often does) and asked/was offered a particular axe to take on tour and "try out"

Meanwhile some ordinary punter, who had previously rung the shop and asked if they had one of these guitars in stock, and was told they did, called in at the shop to buy it.

When he was told they didn't have it after all, he went mad, ranting on about having come all the way in specifically to buy it after having phone before etc etc....

When they told him why it was now not available, said punter almost melted into the floor and begged to buy it - whatever the price - when the great man brought it back after the tour.

Cool or what ? :smokin:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Don't think he lives in Brighton, but he's been staying in the hotel I work in quite often. Nice bloke.

He does seem to be a nice bloke indeed. Many years ago I was queuing up at Munich airport to fly back (with a bit of a hangover, I must admit), I turned round and he was stood behind me. He was quite happy to have a chat for a couple of minutes - as Lizzy were one of the best bands I ever saw live, I was mightily chuffed. Have seen him several times in his "blues" tours, and never fails to impress as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I used to see him a lot round George St in Hove around 5-6 years ago. I was told he had a flat/house on the seafront opposite Hove Lawns. Not seen him in ages other than when he stood behind me at a Cribs gig.

cheeseroll

Jul 5, 2003
Fragrant Harbour
Before his last tour, Gary Moore visited Guitar and Amp in North Road (as he often does) and asked/was offered a particular axe to take on tour and "try out"

Meanwhile some ordinary punter, who had previously rung the shop and asked if they had one of these guitars in stock, and was told they did, called in at the shop to buy it.

When he was told they didn't have it after all, he went mad, ranting on about having come all the way in specifically to buy it after having phone before etc etc....

When they told him why it was now not available, said punter almost melted into the floor and begged to buy it - whatever the price - when the great man brought it back after the tour.

Cool or what ? :smokin:

i like it!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He's definately local, played an 'secret' gig a while back in a pub in Brighton, someone must have blabbed about it, with the result that the pub was rammed and we couldn't get in.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Moved from Vallance Gardens to Bigwood Avenue off of Wilbury Crescent may have moved since.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here