Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gary Monk

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8252624 said:
He's a good manager, I think he just needs to be given time somewhere to build something from the ground up. Should never have been fired by Swansea in the first place.

Swansea-supporting Mr K says that Monk represented the start of their decline!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Arrogant Steve Gibson preparing for the January transfer window, with his new manager's player choices.

Gibson gave a rousing article to the smoggies fans last May apologising for the PL crap, then saying they'd smash the Championship with pace and style. He hadn't counted on Wolves, Cardiff, Bristol City, etc.

Well to be fair I don't think many of us would have predicted those three clubs filling the promotion positions half way through the season either! I don't think Steve Gibson can be called arrogant. I was very surprised to see he had sacked Garry Monk. Especially bearing in mind he has a history of sticking with managers through bad times in the past.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
6 wins in 10? Pretty good stats. There is more to this.

Plus they're only 3 points off being in the Play-Offs, so surprising that they'd potentially want to disrupt their good form and potentially go the same way as Birmingham and Derby did when in similar league positions.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Well to be fair I don't think many of us would have predicted those three clubs filling the promotion positions half way through the season either! I don't think Steve Gibson can be called arrogant. I was very surprised to see he had sacked Garry Monk. Especially bearing in mind he has a history of sticking with managers through bad times in the past.

Gibson’s arrogance - on 15 May he put out a statement that included:

“We will smash the league next year. We want to go back up as champions."

If the Palace, Leeds or Massive chairmen said that, they’d be condemned as arrogant.

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Gibson’s arrogance - on 15 May he put out a statement that included:

“We will smash the league next year. We want to go back up as champions."

If the Palace, Leeds or Massive chairmen said that, they’d be condemned as arrogant.

I suspect championship fans are keeping their powder dry and will be dishing out the schadenfreude in May; much as we were when that despicable neanderthal club and its fans were relegated with such elan last season.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Most say Laudrup started the decline.

Feb 2014 Laudrup was sacked. No excuse really over 3 years ago. We had a bad season under Hyypia but came storming back. The right appointment and recruitment can turn things around quickly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here