Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Gary Lineker to step back from presenting MOTD

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

Gary Lineker is to step back from presenting Match of the Day until an agreement is reached on his social media use - BBC statement.
It follows an impartiality row over comments he made criticising the government's new asylum policy.
In a tweet, the presenter had compared the language used by the government to set out its plan to "that used by Germany in the 30s".

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They really cannot let it go. Spiteful shitbags.

752D8D8B-D5BF-4C11-9C97-050AC23B37BF.jpeg

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
nobody seems a bit of a stretch. you don't speak for me. I'm against the policy. support Linekers side but have no desire to see him return to match of the day
Steady on.....you can't just pitch up and show this much dexterity of thought on this forum. You'll have the Lemmings on here sticking their fingers up their arses to try and test their own rigidity.
I am also totally against this inept Government's policy. Have sympathy with Linekers viewpoint but do not want him back on MOTD. He has had a 25 year run on the show. It is tired and needs refreshing. His style grates with me and I don't find it a comfortable watch. Why the pandering to him, I just don't know. You can't use the..." he does a great job " argument. Sue Barker did but she was unceremoniously dumped. He is not irreplaceable.
The BBC need to show some balls and start tapping into the younger talent around.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How on earth does anyone take this shit seriously?

The sad truth is that they have so much influence
In their echo chamber.

There really are people out there who are triggered into anger by players taking the knee.

And as for labour - still secretly run by Jeremy Corbyn

And as for transgenders....hiding in ladies toilets.

And as for remoaners - the reason why we aren't getting full Brexit benefits...

Scum, but fortunately not people I ever have to deal with.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Steady on.....you can't just pitch up and show this much dexterity of thought on this forum. You'll have the Lemmings on here sticking their fingers up their arses to try and test their own rigidity.
I am also totally against this inept Government's policy. Have sympathy with Linekers viewpoint but do not want him back on MOTD. He has had a 25 year run on the show. It is tired and needs refreshing. His style grates with me and I don't find it a comfortable watch. Why the pandering to him, I just don't know. You can't use the..." he does a great job " argument. Sue Barker did but she was unceremoniously dumped. He is not irreplaceable.
The BBC need to show some balls and start tapping into the younger talent around.
To be fair this is a total side issue and nothing to do with the last week's events.

I have no doubt that you wouldn't support the BBC sacking him over his comments because they want him gone for other ones.

For me your discussion needs its own thread.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
In their echo chamber.

There really are people out there who are triggered into anger by players taking the knee.

And as for labour - still secretly run by Jeremy Corbyn

And as for transgenders....hiding in ladies toilets.

And as for remoaners - the reason why we aren't getting full Brexit benefits...

Scum, but fortunately not people I ever have to deal with.
Too much generalisation in society. So many issues not being addressed. The complete and deliberate lack of opportunity in sport ( particularly football ) for Asian men and women. The underlying torrent of anti-semitic feeling that still exists, especially in the corridors of power. The abuse of the universal credit system. The complete disregard for the overmanning within the NHS and the need to totally reform. The appalling decisions in education that successive governments have been allowed to get away, resulting in generations of kids being sold false expectations in life.
No fcking accountability at political level. How the fcking hell were two banks, institutionally corrupt, bailed out and rescued with tax payers money, when they should have been allowed to wither and die. How the hell was the expenses scandal ( THEY ALL HAD THEIR NOSES IN THE TROUGH ) brushed under the carpet. How the fcking hell did we allow our gold reserve to be sold off? Thatcherism bred greed, selfishness and a lack of concern for our country, creating a whole social underclass, who felt detached, unloved and poor. Industry decimated and an open invitation for Germany and Japan to come and help themselves. We lost our economic balance. Too much service, not enough manufacturing. We have never recovered.
Geez....I need my morning walk....blood pressure rising too much.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I bet they run headlines all week on this story no matter what happens in the rest of the news. The gammon are angry, they live to poke them and poke them until they’re even more livid. There is money to be made from stoking the culture wars.
They ran 2 weeks on Starmer's curry, this is very possible. Why is the BBC chairman still there?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Too much generalisation in society. So many issues not being addressed. The complete and deliberate lack of opportunity in sport ( particularly football ) for Asian men and women. The underlying torrent of anti-semitic feeling that still exists, especially in the corridors of power. The abuse of the universal credit system. The complete disregard for the overmanning within the NHS and the need to totally reform. The appalling decisions in education that successive governments have been allowed to get away, resulting in generations of kids being sold false expectations in life.
No fcking accountability at political level. How the fcking hell were two banks, institutionally corrupt, bailed out and rescued with tax payers money, when they should have been allowed to wither and die. How the hell was the expenses scandal ( THEY ALL HAD THEIR NOSES IN THE TROUGH ) brushed under the carpet. How the fcking hell did we allow our gold reserve to be sold off? Thatcherism bred greed, selfishness and a lack of concern for our country, creating a whole social underclass, who felt detached, unloved and poor. Industry decimated and an open invitation for Germany and Japan to come and help themselves. We lost our economic balance. Too much service, not enough manufacturing. We have never recovered.
Well at least your successful campaigning for Brexit and Johnson has started to turn it round. Enjoy your walk :thumbsup:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
you're upset, aren't you, do you know what you're upset about, take a deep breath and try and turn your emotions into words........ :yawn:

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
what's gary tweeted now?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
You know what they say young man, “Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.”

Isn't it great news that this has all been sorted now, the focus can go on real news now?
the real news being the tories behaving like the nazi party?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And yet you choose to express this in the wake of Lineker’s tweet, rather than on the MOTD threads that appear on here on a weekly basis

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here