Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Lineker take a bow.......

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yes. Just saying its a case of judgement, but I wouldn't put myself in a position where that might happen.

What position is that ? The position of comforting a child ?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The
What would change if your sons team didn't have to retreat to the halfway line? I'd suggest the score would remain the same if not increased.

I'd also query how much of a passing/possession side it is if you're scoring 34 goals in 40 mins. I'd suggest when a team is so dominant, the manager needs to swap all their positions round, swap the keeper etc. and make it clear that you want to see them keep the ball for 20 passes before they have a shot at goal. Get them trying things within the match environment, like only shooting from outside the box, or trying to score a headed goal. This is what coaches and managers have a responsibility to do. Who has gained anything from those score lines? Rather than win by those large margins, other things can be coached into the youngsters to experiment with in a game.

Its made a big difference as rather than a usual build up with players in their position you get a siege on the player on the ball charging at full pelt which is much worse.

The team always make more then five passes and reguarly change positions. Ultimately how beyond that do you tell 7 year old kids not to score? Thats the sort of attitude and suggestion that is part pf the british problem. The fear of instilling a winning mentality.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The

Its made a big difference as rather than a usual build up with players in their position you get a siege on the player on the ball charging at full pelt which is much worse.

The team always make more then five passes and reguarly change positions. Ultimately how beyond that do you tell 7 year old kids not to score? Thats the sort of attitude and suggestion that is part pf the british problem. The fear of instilling a winning mentality.

Really, being 10 nil up and saying to the kids perhaps to take shots only outside the box, or construct goals of 10+ passing moves isn't instilling a winning mentality?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I managed Juniors team from U8s to U16s, simple rule was any parent that decided they would coach their own son the son was dropped to the bench for the next game - soon shut the parents up.

Strangely though not sure how connected the worst parental trouble we had would always be with kids that had parents that had separated - no idea why

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
If anyone saw his appearance on Who Do You Think You Are? the other week, you'll know that he's descended from a family of Leicestershire petty criminals. His great great great grandfather was one arrested by an ancestor of mine, for stealing a scythe, in Hinckley.

That was a strange episode as he ended up at Christs Hospital - mine and a few other NSCers old school

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I managed Juniors team from U8s to U16s, simple rule was any parent that decided they would coach their own son the son was dropped to the bench for the next game - soon shut the parents up.

You punished the children for the parents' poor behaviour? That seems an odd attitude to take.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
This is not directly linked to this post but I think is relevant.

Why do we feel the need (the Albion) to announce on the website every young player we offer a contract to.

Surely every young player on our books should aspire to appear on the website due to their achievments at the albion rather than see their name in lights on their first day.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Gary Lineker was a fine goal poacher in his day and achieved a lot internationally. I can't stand his attention-seeking tweets and comments on footballing matters. He tries way too hard to be controversial. Like he's auditioning for a place on the RTE panel and a seat next to Eamon Dunphy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here