Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hooper for England??

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Shone in the Champions League for Celtic last night. Goal poacher 46 goals in 69 appearances for Celtic.....

Worth a place in Roy's squad?

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I like Hooper and remember when he tore us apart at Withdean . . .a hat trick i seem to recall. Was quite brilliant that day

Scoring for fun in the scottish league and stepping up to the international team are miles apart though

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Shone in the Champions League for Celtic last night. Goal poacher 46 goals in 69 appearances for Celtic.....

Worth a place in Roy's squad?
We did this last week, and the conclusion was that he is playing in a crap league which isn't going to help him.

Here is another clear cut conclusion made by NSC:

Welching on bets

It seems 96% of us think you're a bit of a twat unless you pay up.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
No - the goals are from the SPL - which is like Championship/League 1 level. If he moved to a PL side and continued to be good, then call him up.

I would argue his beautiful finish against a good Champions league defence and his well worked assist are further signs of his quality?

He can finish. If he was running past everyone as they fell over in the SPL then yes, that would be down to the lack of quality.

But he doesn't. He scores BRILLIANT strikers finishes. Exactly what Jelavic was doing, and Croatia wern't snobbish enough to reject him because his goals were in the SPL.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Not that it's anything to do with this thread but I am waiting for TLO to let me know how to pay into REMF as previously advised

We did this last week, and the conclusion was that he is playing in a crap league which isn't going to help him.

Here is another clear cut conclusion made by NSC:

Welching on bets

It seems 96% of us think you're a bit of a twat unless you pay up.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I will BET you that if he is called up he is absoulte crap.

If I was a gambling man, I would probabley even have a bet that he wouldnt cut it.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I will BET you that if he is called up he is absoulte crap.

If I was a gambling man, I would probabley even have a bet that he wouldnt cut it.

:lol:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I would rather call him up than players who either aren't playing for their club, aren't playing well or have been injured for a while.

We have a lack of quality strikers, Hooper probably isn't much better than Bent and those tired old midtable plodders, but atleast he plays. Everyone is behind Defoe at the moment anyway though.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

I'd love to see the look on the bookies face as you walk up to the counter, waving a crisp tenner, and saying "I'll have £10 on Gary Hooper to not cut it, please."

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here