Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

gary harts testimonial MY WAY video now on youtube.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Marvellous to see. What a career's he's had with us, sharing every moment of the good and the bad. Probably the most committed Albion player (in every sense) I have ever seen.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
That's fantastic... thank you for posting it on here.

Some brilliant memories, goals and tackles (love the one at 00:37!) - thank you!

Black Dalek

Jan 19, 2004
Well, I'm all emotional now, true legend up in the ranks with Wardy, Crumps, Bobby and to many to mention, Excellant.

Digweed's Testicle

Build A Bonfire
Jan 11, 2004
Hartlepool
Absolutely brilliant. Am welling up.
A true Albion legend. He has always been dedicated to the cause and gave 100%.
I remember when he first joined the club he agreed to do an interview with Build A Bonfire. I asked his number one fan, Jan, to speak to him and she was over the moon.
OGH thank you for the memories, the many years of service and for always leading by example to the other players who have come and gone in your time with Brighton. You sir are a gentleman and an albion legend.

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
very little loyalty in the game and he's one of the true good guys. Played in every position he was asked to, and did an accomplished job in all of them, survived a dozen managers, went through the shit as much as any of us, and always ran himself into the ground for the shirt. Proved his worth time and time and time again, through promotion, relegation, ground-share, being released - still fought back to play a part. Anyone thinking any less of him than an utter legend, is completely and utterly wrong, no arguments, no exceptions. Ogh - this smiley was made for him. :bowdown:

say no more..........perfect words in every way.....

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Definitely a great example to all young professionals.

Thanks for the goals and the memories, Gary. Really glad I came to the testimonial dinner and got to chat (and I'll forgive you for giving my wife a peck on the cheek while I wasn't looking!)

One of my most vivid memories of the dreadful day at Grimsby when we got relegated was Gary Hart appearing through the crowd walking towards me on the pitch after the game. He looked as gutted as any of the fans, but was still shaking hands with eveyone and thanking them(!). He'd given his shirt away and just looked totally lost and devastated. He signed my programme, but I think I gave it to The History Man last year with the rest of the collection.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
watched it a couple of times now , Brilliant :) as many have said I f**king love Harty

Brian Riggs

Aug 7, 2009
Great video, Mrs. Hart, many thanks for sharing it with us.

As previously mentioned, a top, top man and an Albion legend in the true sense of the word. I have several memories of OGH but my favourite was at my daughter's first game (the penultimate "home" game at Gillingham in 1999) when she was just three and a half. She joined in with the Gary Hart song (the chorus, not the verse I hasten to add) and from that day onwards, he was always her favourite player.

Will always be in my favourite Albion eleven.

All the very best for the future Gary.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Harty was always my favourite player because he sweated blood for the cause
He really will be missed and I'd like to wish him all the best for the coming season(s)
The club at which he ends up will be much the richer
Thanks for all the good times Gary !

:bowdown:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Was praying for him to put us 3-2 ahead with that chance v Hudders but it wasn't to be sadly.

I couldn't believe it when he didn't score. It looked like it was written in the stars to happen. It would've been one of my top Albion moments ever.

1066gull

farewell harty.

gonna miss you in the stripes.

my all time fave. WHAT A LEGEND.

No one will probably be better than you Harty, it will take someone special that is for sure

Thanks for the memories

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here