Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
What was the problem with Dean and the programme then Lord B

hmmm ... just feel that I need to step in here as I feel we are in danger of going down the wrong path here.

While Ed is absolutely party to a lot of what went on with regards to the OGH Brochure, I feel that misinformation may have been passed to him in one specific area, i.e. the area being alluded to here.

for that reason it is probably best that the remainder of this thread focusses on whether Gary Hart can still "do a job" for the BHAFC first team.

imho ... Absolutely YES :thumbsup:

hmmm ... just feel that I need to step in here as I feel we are in danger of going down the wrong path here.

While Ed is absolutely party to a lot of what went on with regards to the OGH Brochure, I feel that misinformation may have been passed to him in one specific area, i.e. the area being alluded to here.

for that reason it is probably best that the remainder of this thread focusses on whether Gary Hart can still "do a job" for the BHAFC first team.

imho ... Absolutely YES :thumbsup:
Apart from saying that bhadeb isn't Dean Wilkins and that whatever caused the delay to the brochure was avoidable, I've said nothing and blamed nobody.

As you say ... this isn't the place.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Runs much deeper than that though!!!!!!!!!!!! Was going off way before that happened

Indeed, quite aware of that but he hardly helped himself did he. As i've mentioned before I dont think he is up to the job anymore. Would rather someone like Gargan or Kane Louis got a chance ahead of him if we are desperate.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
He was hardly seen on the training ground for the last few months of his tenure, which is neither professional nor wielding a big stick.

That is not true.

They were a couple of times when he was absent for a couple of days on the orders of the club doctor, nothing anymore sinister than flu.

But to say that he was hardly there in the last few months is a grave misrepresentation.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Apart from saying that bhadeb isn't Dean Wilkins and that whatever caused the delay to the brochure was avoidable, I've said nothing and blamed nobody.

As you say ... this isn't the place.

Why is there such mystery surrounding Harts brochure.

I havent got a clue what your on about, however why can't anyone put what the problem was.

I dare say that it is something quite trivial, with maybe somehow a view of blaming Wilkins.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
According to a couple of players there was.

He had some sort of infection apparently and did not want to pass it on to the players. At least, that's what we were told, and when I saw him at the shirts sponsors' do, he looked like shite.

There was a time when he had flu.

But the 3 weeks period is a gross exaggeration.

I think if you added up all the sick days or indeed days off he had during his tenure it wouldnt add up to 21 days.

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
I am interested as to how BigGully knows how many days sick leave Dean Wilkins has taken..? Or maybe not, actually.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
OK - the players were lying through their arses, are not to be ever trusted, and I've been horribly duped. Silly me.

Thanks for putting me straight.

TLO .... dont be so petulant ..... ffs

You said that he was away from the club for 3 weeks.

That is just NOT true, now you will have to pull your mates that gave you that information if you want, but if you post something that is totally wrong, what do you expect me to say.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
TLO .... dont be so petulant ..... ffs

You said that he was away from the club for 3 weeks.

That is just NOT true, now you will have to pull your mates that gave you that information if you want, but if you post something that is totally wrong, what do you expect me to say.

Petulence doesn't enter into it. By saying I'm wrong, you have effectively accused two players of lying.

So how do you know he wasn't in for three weeks? Unless you say so, I am going to take the word of the players over you any day of the week.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Petulence doesn't enter into it. By saying I'm wrong, you have effectively accused two players of lying.

So how do you know he wasn't in for three weeks? Unless you say so, I am going to take the word of the players over you any day of the week.

Wilkins was not away from the training ground for anyway near 3 weeks.

He had a virus and was under orders from the club doctor that he should keep away from the playing staff for a while.

It amounted to a few days here and there, even travelling to a game or two with the club doctor rather than on the team coach.

Even when he was ill ( just a viral infection ) he was at the training ground if not out on the training pitch.

To somehow paint a picture of an absent manager is frankly absurd.

Dont accept that.

Their own views on Wilkins attitude towards them seems yet another example how the culture of unprofessionalism had been accepted within the club.

QUOTE]

That would be during Wilkins two years in charge would it not?

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Dont accept that.

Their own views on Wilkins attitude towards them seems yet another example how the culture of unprofessionalism had been accepted within the club.

QUOTE]

That would be during Wilkins two years in charge would it not?

Not at all, some players had emersed themselves within the clubs culture for the years that those players had been with the club.

Wilkins may have tried to change some things internally throughout his tenure.

It might be argued that his efforts ruffled the feathers of some of the older players as they came to the end of their Brighton careers.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why is there such mystery surrounding Harts brochure.

I havent got a clue what your on about, however why can't anyone put what the problem was.

I dare say that it is something quite trivial, with maybe somehow a view of blaming Wilkins.

It's certainly created a bit of brand new fun mystery where just about nobody was aware of any before.

The truth is out there...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here