Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Butters, in my opinion, was one of the best cente backs we've had in this team for years, certainly positionally and I would have been perfectly happy to have him in the side next season. Gary Hart, since his injury, has not been the same. He has little pace and cannot play on the wing or up front and he wasn't a good at right back as everyone seems to think. I personally feel that he wouldn't add anything moreto the squad that a younger member of the squad could.

Plus he's more accustomed nowadays to coming off the bench and getting himself sent off.

The sending off incident is not important (by the way i was right beside that and if i was Gary i would have kicked 7 bales of shit out of him)

Gary has improved his pace over the last few months, Made 1 scored 1 the other day.

I (and obviously Micky) think that he can do a job and i would be happy to see him in the squad.

We have got the makings of the best team since Zamora was here. I can see us needing to rotate a bit due to the three cups and fully expect a trip to Wembley in the JPT this season.

We need a depth in the squad that includes experience

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The sending off incident is not important (by the way i was right beside that and if i was Gary i would have kicked 7 bales of shit out of him)

He is a professional footballer and should know better than normal punters about how to conduct himself on a football pitch. Lost a lot of respect for Harty with that incident.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
relax will you..

It was meant to be a light-hearted comment reflecting the many dozens of times over the years I've seen us knocked out of cups by teams even worse than us.

No need to give me the hand gesture.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
relax will you..

It was meant to be a light-hearted comment reflecting the many dozens of times over the years I've seen us knocked out of cups by teams even worse than us.

No need to give me the hand gesture.

Not having a particularly good day so sorry for the hand gesture

I actually believe we might surprise a few in the 3 cups this year

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
95% of footballers have done it at some point in their career

No they haven't. I've probably seen that sort of reaction from a player 3 times in the 150 odd games ive seen live - anyway at 31 years of age he should be expecting to get verbals from opposition players, could forgive him if he was 19/20.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It was. Then he got removed, and ultimately resigned, and so that issue has almost certainly gone away.

Misrepresentation, totally.

You are trying to say that Wilkins himself was unprofessional.

That isnt true, he was trying to instill a level of professionalism within the club that hadnt been seen for some time.

It rattled a few cages, from the top to the bottom and it felt uneasy to some.

The cosy 'contractual clauses' that were given to some older players were addressed as was the clearout at the end of the season.

I would guess Wilkins had a vision for the club and the club would need to change.

Unfortuantely it wasnt ready, so we got back to the good ole days with asking released players to return with the offer of a possible contract.

The issue with Hart is who is making the decision to sign him.

Adams or Knight ??

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
So Dean Cox at Lewes wasn't similar then???

As I said before I can accept a rush of blood to the head when you're 19/20 years of age and not been playing the game for long. Hart is 31 and should know better.

Cox to be fair isn't the best of charactor reference for well behaved professionals either!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
As I said before I can accept a rush of blood to the head when you're 19/20 years of age and not been playing the game for long. Hart is 31 and should know better.

Cox to be fair isn't the best of charactor reference for well behaved professionals either!

Its a passionate game.

Harts sending off was indiscipline, no doubt and didnt help the team.

It was an unprofessional incident but that doesnt make Hart himself unprofessional.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That isnt true, he was trying to instill a level of professionalism within the club that hadnt been seen for some time.

He was hardly seen on the training ground for the last few months of his tenure, which is neither professional nor wielding a big stick.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Its a passionate game.

Harts sending off was indiscipline, no doubt and didnt help the team.

It was an unprofessional incident but that doesnt make Hart himself unprofessional.

Not at all, just saying I expect better from a player of his experience and usual professionalism. Can see why Wilkins wasn't too keen on him after that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here