Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
As I have said before, re-signing Hart and Mayo shows a lack of imagination and a lack of contacts.

As I have said before, Adams has a proven tactic of re-signing players who've done well for him in his previous jobs. If Hart and Mayo were ex Fulham, Leicester, Coventry or Colchester, i'm sure you wouldn't be complaining about lack of imagination and contacts. Hell, I don't hear anyone saying the signing of McLeod, as well as Brooker, Cullip, Morgan and Oatway in previous years "lacked imagination".

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
The issue for me isn't whether the players we are discussing are good enough or not. Thats for the Manager to decide.

But it is likely that DK has encouraged MA to reconsider signing players that he himself would like to see remain at the club.

That is the real issue that should concern us all.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
As I have said before, re-signing Hart and Mayo shows a lack of imagination and a lack of contacts.

So the man with no contacts manages to get Livermore from a team heading to the Premiership plus now Richards on a 6 month loan deal. He used his contacts and links to get McLeod, Hawkins and Virgo.

Brighton cant afford a squad of 24 first team players, so the likes of Mayo and Hart will be there next season as cover.

NSC really has sunk to a new low with the abuse aim at Mayo and Hart and them being resigned.

Perhaps if Hart and Mayo get new contracts NSC will come up with a song they can constantly sing to show how EVERYBODY didnt want them signed and adams has a lack of imagination and contacts! I am so glad I am nowhere near the singing block at Withdean.

:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself:shootself

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
The issue for me isn't whether the players we are discussing are good enough or not. Thats for the Manager to decide.

But it is likely that DK has encouraged MA to reconsider signing players that he himself would like to see remain at the club.

That is the real issue that should concern us all.

Yes, we should be concerned by a guess, which is backed up by absolutely no evidence. :rolleyes:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Here we go with the grammer thing again! You're meant to be intelligent... work it out:thumbsup:

I've seen comments from OGH at most twice, to me that is not 'constantly', and I think most intelligent people would reach the same conclusion.

Micky's really got to stop letting this old pals act cloud his judgement, else it'll all end in tears. How does offering a contract of any kind to Kerry Mayo or Gary Hart help us build for the future? Basically, don't hire them, even as cover. There's younger hungrier options out there. Ease Mayo and Hart out the door. No way back.

worked for him first time round

we cannot splash the cash at the mo and hart gives us a versatile option that wilkins was reluctant to make the best use of.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think Hart will be pushing for a first team place and because of this I don't think we should sign him. To progress you always need to be improving the squad and signing players like Hart and Mayo who will only act as cover just isn't worth it. Your back up should come from the youth ranks IMO.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I don't think Hart will be pushing for a first team place and because of this I don't think we should sign him. To progress you always need to be improving the squad and signing players like Hart and Mayo who will only act as cover just isn't worth it. Your back up should come from the youth ranks IMO.

But to add decent cover to the squad you need a mix of youth and experience

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Yes, we should be concerned by a guess, which is backed up by absolutely no evidence. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately it is the current culture of the club.

We have released players bleating to the press and posting on this board to put their own spin on events that occur within the club.

You wouldnt expect it at a Sunday Under 11's club but is somehow tolerated at BHA.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

We have released players bleating to the press and posting on this board to put their own spin on events that occur within the club.

You wouldnt expect it at a Sunday Under 11's club but is somehow tolerated at BHA.

Yes, it's DISCUSTING :shrug:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Perhaps if things were better internally at the club over the last few months of Wendy's reign this wouldn't have happened?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Spoke to him today at the Marina. Without going in to all the details i basically said are you gonna sign??

Saw him in the marina Pizza Hut last night, surrounded by a group of kids, but was too busy rushing my own group of kids through their grub, on our way to see WALL-E, to bother him. If you're thinking of going to see it, don't bother (regardless of what that imbecile Uncle Spielberg says).......it's gash.

:thumbsup:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Fair comment, I understand where you are coming from although don't necessarily agree with it as not convinced by the youth players, but respect your opinion.

Can we now revert to NAME CALLING though :thumbsup:

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
We already have plenty of experience in the first team.

And what if we get a couple of bad injuries or want to rotate if we progress in all 3 cups?

Gary Hart is a decent player and Micky sees him train and it's his decision and if he offers him a contract it's the right decision in my eyes

90% of the board were creaming themselves over Guy at age 38 Gary has a lot left in him and he's only 31 ffs

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Fair comment, I understand where you are coming from although don't necessarily agree with it as not convinced by the youth players, but respect your opinion.

Can we now revert to NAME CALLING though :thumbsup:

You can do what you want you slack-jawed NINNY.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
And what if we get a couple of bad injuries or want to rotate if we progress in all 3 cups?

Gary Hart is a decent player and Micky sees him train and it's his decision and if he offers him a contract it's the right decision in my eyes

90% of the board were creaming themselves over Guy at age 38 Gary has a lot left in him and he's only 31 ffs

Butters, in my opinion, was one of the best cente backs we've had in this team for years, certainly positionally and I would have been perfectly happy to have him in the side next season. Gary Hart, since his injury, has not been the same. He has little pace and cannot play on the wing or up front and he wasn't a good at right back as everyone seems to think. I personally feel that he wouldn't add anything moreto the squad that a younger member of the squad could.

Plus he's more accustomed nowadays to coming off the bench and getting himself sent off.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Perhaps if things were better internally at the club over the last few months of Wendy's reign this wouldn't have happened?

Dont accept that.

Wilkins stance on releasing Hart, Mayo and Reid was something that even as a fan, was always a likely outcome.

Its the conduct of at least of two of those players that surprised me, never was quite sure why they themselves seemed shocked at the decision.

Their own views on Wilkins attitude towards them seems yet another example how the culture of unprofessionalism had been accepted within the club.

Players feeling that just because they had been good servants to the club should somehow be given a game to 'say a proper goodbye', madness really.

I am sure Wilkins was looking forward rather than backwards at the time and I hope that Adams isnt held back by such influences.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

It was. Then the main reason got removed, and ultimately resigned, and so that issue has almost certainly gone away.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here