Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only question is why. Clearly Wilkins got rid of the players, who weren't clearly good enough. Now we're going to bring back, OGH and Mayo. Who were told in no certain words, you're not wanted. Another step back I'm affraid.

Correct that to players who Wilkins said in his opinion werent good enough.

Football is all about oopinions of managers etc. I am sure that Wilkins decisons had nothing whatsover to do with the fact that allegedly Wilkins got a bonus every time a youth team player played for the first team. Whether or not that is true I do not know, just rumours, but I would think that we are in a better financial position to sign experienced players who will get us out of this division and in so doing we may need players with Hart and Mayos experience to help the young ones along in times of injuries and suspensions. I would not expect them to be the highest earners at the club but provided they and Mickey and DK think they can still be of use then that is fine by me. Lets just get on and win this divison.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This thread reminds me why I hardly bother with this place anymore. It reinforces my view that there are way too many Albion fans that are total pricks, with an abnormal concentration of them on this forum.

Gary Hart has always given 110% every single time he has ever pulled the shirt on, and imo is definetely still good enough to add something to our squad and make a contribution in Div 1.

He played reguarly under every manager in the last decade EXCEPT Dean Wilkins, who more or less cast him out as soon as he got the managers job. I always thought that it was about the personalities rather that Gary Harts lack of ability.

The West Ham game in the cup we were shit, and the only player who looked any threat at all was Gary Hart, who whipped in a great cross that Revell f***ed up. Next game and rest of the season he hardly got a look in.

Wilkins obviously had a problem with him and he would have definetely been in the side than some of the crap that played end of Wilkins first season with a different manager.

Now personally I have more trust in a managers opinion on a players worth who got us promoted for the first time on years and built the team that took us to the Championship than some bunch of NSC'ers who spend way too much of their time on here because its the only place that they have any sense of self importance.

Some people should have a bit more respect for probably the best servant this club has had all the time we have played at Withdean.

I for one am more than glad to have Hart in the Squad. I hope its true about the new contract.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
Agree with the above. Sometimes you've just got to let the no life fuckwits negatively ramble on and on in these threads. But OGH has been a fantastic servant to the club. He's still got the ability to be of definite use within the squad next season. He's a superb professional and will help the youngsters come on. Even if it's only for ten minutes every other game when we're a bit down and need someone with some experience and desire to come on and show some enthusiasm, I think he's worth it.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
HOW ARE YOU. COME ON HERE AND TRY AND GET A PLAYER TO TAKE A PAY CUT. Whats he done to hurt you! . What a twat:p:p

I've ploughed through three pages of this thread and all that stands out is :

> You're hatred for Gary Hart
> You claiming you speak for everyone, then most and then just yourself
> You being deciding you have some superioirty over WW

Now, I rarely agree with WW, but the level of personal abuse you have thrown at him on this thread is, IMHO, unacceptable. If you don't like his views then put some cohherent arguements together but STOP the cyber bullying.

He mentioned the "old pals" act from MA is a perfectly understandable way so if anyone has a problem, I would suggest sir, that it is you with you understanding of the written word. Now lay off WW and lay of constantly belittling Gary Hart.

Gary - if you're reading this thread, please stop now, sign the contract and help get us promoted.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Have the children stopped fighting?

Are we (seemingly) approaching a consensus that many fans (and possibly the club management which is, after all, what matters) would welcome Gary back as a squad member?

I do hope so

:)

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I've ploughed through three pages of this thread and all that stands out is :

> You're hatred for Gary Hart
> You claiming you speak for everyone, then most and then just yourself
> You being deciding you have some superioirty over WW

Now, I rarely agree with WW, but the level of personal abuse you have thrown at him on this thread is, IMHO, unacceptable. If you don't like his views then put some cohherent arguements together but STOP the cyber bullying.

He mentioned the "old pals" act from MA is a perfectly understandable way so if anyone has a problem, I would suggest sir, that it is you with you understanding of the written word. Now lay off WW and lay of constantly belittling Gary Hart.

Gary - if you're reading this thread, please stop now, sign the contract and help get us promoted.
In that case you wally, plough through a few more pages and you will see that was sarcasim, in direct response of being accussed of trying to lose someone their job, 'cause I dont think he should get a new contract. Read the first page even, and you will see why I throw abuse at WW.

>You will then see I dont have a hatred for Gary Hart.

>You will see I'm not speaking for everyone, but many agree that although we will all be supporting him at his testimonal, and are very grateful for his great service, and rightly put him in the legend category, but feel his time at the club is over.

>Everyone has superioirty over WW:lol:

So I suggust again, before posting crap like you just have, read the thread, if not at least read the first page and see where it all kicked off, before accussing people of not putting cohherent arguements together but STOP the cyber bullying. If you do, sir, bother to read what you are attacking someone over, you will see because of my views on Gary Hart, as posted in my first couple of posts, he called me a twat, without any "cohherent arguement" as you like to put it to back it up, something even WW has said was harsh.

So, read the facts if your going to attack someone next time. If you can't be bothered to plough through the thread, dont bother posting.

I'm a reasonable man. I'll accept your apology when your ready to make it:lol::cool::dunce:

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
In case you wally, plough through a few more pages and you will see that was sarcasim. Read the first page even, and you will see why I throw abuse at WW.

>You will then see I dont have a hatred for Gary Hart.

>You will see I'm not speaking for everyone, but many agree that although we will all be supporting him at his testimonal, and are very grateful for his great service, and rightly put him in the legend category, but feel his time at the club is over.

>Everyone has superioirty over WW:lol:

So I suggust again, before posting crap like you just have, read the thread, if not at least read the first page and see where it all kicked off, before accussing people of not putting cohherent arguements together but STOP the cyber bullying. If you do, sir, bother to read what you are attacking someone over, you will see because of my views on Gary Hart, as posted in my first couple of posts, he called me a twat, without any "cohherent arguement" as you like to put it to back it up, something even WW has said was harsh.

So, read the facts if your going to attack someone next time. If you can't be bothered to plough through the thread, dont bother posting.

I'm a reasonable man. I'll accept your apology when your ready to make it:lol::cool::dunce:

I have ploughed through the rest of the thread and the common theme through all your threads is how aggressive they are rather than any sarcasm. The way you have claimed GH is not good enough, and lets put aside the fact that I don't agree with you on that, has been very unpleasant and far exceeds constructive criticism.

You did claim to be speaking for everybody and I quote "The bottom line is, nobody wants him here anymore." Note the word nobody !!!

Agreed WW called you a twat but from that point forward you've done nothing but accuse him of being a child and claim not to understand some of his posts ( ones that were hardly difficult to grasp ). A mature and reasoned person would have probably turned a blind eye to the twat comment anyway. You couldn't even resist a dig at him when replying to me.

I've not seen any rules that state I should read the whole thread before replying or commenting. I'm afraid you'll be waiting a long time for an apology as I still stand by the comments in my first post.

*sits back and awaits a torrent of abuse*

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I have ploughed through the rest of the thread and the common theme through all your threads is how aggressive they are rather than any sarcasm. The way you have claimed GH is not good enough, and lets put aside the fact that I don't agree with you on that, has been very unpleasant and far exceeds constructive criticism.

You did claim to be speaking for everybody and I quote "The bottom line is, nobody wants him here anymore." Note the word nobody !!!

Agreed WW called you a twat but from that point forward you've done nothing but accuse him of being a child and claim not to understand some of his posts ( ones that were hardly difficult to grasp ). A mature and reasoned person would have probably turned a blind eye to the twat comment anyway. You couldn't even resist a dig at him when replying to me.

I've not seen any rules that state I should read the whole thread before replying or commenting. I'm afraid you'll be waiting a long time for an apology as I still stand by the comments in my first post.

*sits back and awaits a torrent of abuse*
Well if you had read the rest of the thread you would have seen I had withdrawn the nobody quote, and replaced it with most people, which last night was the case, so I do't your point of making your main issue out of that.

I like MANY others dont think Hart is good enough anymore. How has that been unpleasant, it not a nice thing to say, but I dont think he's good enough. I also dont think he's doing himself any favours, by constantly digging at Dean Wilkins for not playing him.

There are no rules in reading the whole thread, but if you are going to post a comment having a go at someone, then I think it common sense to see what's been said overall, instead a few post you oul be bothered to read.

I only claim to not understand ONE of his posts (and his explanation of it), not some as you say, and I wasn't the only one by the looks of it.

The main reason I layed into WW, again if you have read the thread I've already said this, is because its not the first time, he's called other posters, twats, without reading what they've posted. How many times should we turn a blind eye to his comments?

So, again I'll say to yu, if your going to have an 'discussion' with someone, know your facts first!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I like MANY others dont think Hart is good enough anymore. How has that been unpleasant, it not a nice thing to say, but I dont think he's good enough. I also dont think he's doing himself any favours, by constantly digging at Dean Wilkins for not playing him.

Out of interest, how do you define 'constantly'?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Micky's really got to stop letting this old pals act cloud his judgement, else it'll all end in tears. How does offering a contract of any kind to Kerry Mayo or Gary Hart help us build for the future? Basically, don't hire them, even as cover. There's younger hungrier options out there. Ease Mayo and Hart out the door. No way back.

As I have said before, re-signing Hart and Mayo shows a lack of imagination and a lack of contacts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here