Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Gardner

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Great that so many people can judge him based on playing in terrible Sami sides. He worked hard and scored goals but playing essentially a 2-man midfield he and the team struggled. Show me someone outstanding under Sami.

Just have a look at yourselves and consider if you can be so critical.

I would argue that one of the forgotten factors in our resurgence under Jones and now Hughton is in fact the absence of Gary Gardner.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
It is a disgrace that he played so many games for the Albion this season. I'd like to think that his complete flop expedited Burke's departure.

One thing that I will give him is that he filled the role of team JONAH, left vacant since Gary Dicker departed, very effectively.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gardner trots off to losing Forest, Ince scores today. Another piece in the jigsaw is completed.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Great that so many people can judge him based on playing in terrible Sami sides. He worked hard and scored goals but playing essentially a 2-man midfield he and the team struggled. Show me someone outstanding under Sami.

The very one thing he didn't do, which is another reason why the poor Hyypia tactics could not work.

During his time with us, his effort was negligible, his passing was in the main average to poor and his shooting was woeful, add to that no pace and lack of tracking back (defensive work) and it is obvious why we struggled so badly in midfield when he played. We looked stronger when anyone else played under Hyypia.

Delighted Forest got him, as it meant that we couldn't.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Ok lets get this right. He isnt shit. Yes he has talent. But as the op said he didnt work hard. Lazy, disinterested, bottling and offered NOTHING that our other midfielders did.

I like loans that complement a side or give us something different eg Tex, Halford.

But not ***** like Gardner. Im so so glad he is at Forest now.

And it really is no coincidence that our wins are without him in the side.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
90:00 +0:57 Attempt missed. Gary Gardner (Nottingham Forest) left footed shot from outside the box is high and wide to the right following a set piece situation.

Sounds familiar.

He is either too stupid to know he can't shoot from distance or just doesn't care about the team only himself and if he were to from 1 in 100 he would be able to tell Villa he has scored. Utterly selfish

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He is either too stupid to know he can't shoot from distance or just doesn't care about the team only himself and if he were to from 1 in 100 he would be able to tell Villa he has scored. Utterly selfish

I genuinely believe he is selfish, based on the arguments that went on when we had a free-kick outside the box, especially early on under Hyypia.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Does seem an amazing coincidence that he was always picked and we struggled and now he has gone results are much better.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Let's hope there is a clause in his loan that Forrest have to play him in every game.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
How he had the sheer cheek to bully others off free kicks earlier in the season, then balloon them into god knows where. The way he strolled round like he thought he was better than everyone else!!!

Waste of space, money and when he played he held back the opportunity of players like Ince and Holla.

You can guess I am pleased he has cleared off.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
People were saying the same about JFC...unfortunately for them he played yesterday and we won

Very true and I thought JFC played well bar the chance he fluffed.

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
People were saying the same about JFC...unfortunately for them he played yesterday and we won

I think that Hyypia stitched JFC up, playing him out of position (further back) and with Gardner, meant he was working the role of 2 players. We will see the real affect JFC can have with a decent manager.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

I can be critical because I pay to watch football matches, Gardner was shite for us.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I think that Hyypia stitched JFC up, playing him out of position (further back) and with Gardner, meant he was working the role of 2 players. We will see the real affect JFC can have with a decent manager.

Certainly JFC is playing further forward which i think suits him...he missed that chance yesterday but until recently wouldn't have been in that position to take it ..i noticed it in the Reading game..long may it continue

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He had about 5 shots in the box and scored 2 of them. He had about 30 shots from outside the box and didn't get any (that I remember) on target. I never understood why he didn't learn from that and stopped shooting from distance.

I do wonder how he would have performed if the team was in form and dominating games.

ken tiler

Nov 24, 2007
Brighton
And to think we let Orlandi and Spanish Dave go! Half fit (which Andrea was most of the time) they were 10 times better than the dreary inept pairing of JFC and Gardner.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Obviously he'll score a hatrick of thunder*******s against us, in a couple of weeks.
But in the meantime it's hard not to laugh at 3 of 4 GG mentions in the BBC's text commentary:-

14:45 Attempt missed. Gary Gardner (Nottingham Forest) right footed shot from outside the box is high and wide to the right following a corner.

31:36 Attempt missed. Gary Gardner (Nottingham Forest) right footed shot from outside the box misses to the left.

79:01 Attempt missed. Gary Gardner (Nottingham Forest) right footed shot from long range on the right misses to the left.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here