Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Dicker...?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He used to be my favourite player, then it was Benno and now there are so many fantastic players it's hard to have one. Dicker is one of a few players who are very reliable but do not fill you with excitement, he is most likely to be a squad player rather than a regular starter buti'd happily have him around for a long time

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I'd keep him.

However each season he does seem to be quite a slow starter in terms of adjusting between friendlies and league matches. When he does find his feet each season he is quite valuable and provides good balance to the team.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He used to be my favourite player, then it was Benno and now there are so many fantastic players it's hard to have one. Dicker is one of a few players who are very reliable but do not fill you with excitement, he is most likely to be a squad player rather than a regular starter buti'd happily have him around for a long time

I agree, a good squad player who will work hard for you. Gus has said, he is one of the players who really understands what he is trying to do.

Jimmy boy 69

Nov 24, 2012
Brighton
I like Dicker - he played well v Newcastle, and I was surprised to see him out of the team yesterday. Actually, after Hoskins goal, I was surprised he was left out too..... Gus does seem to know how to knock some players' morale. If Hoskins and Dicker were upbeat last week, they will certainly not be so confident now....

I always thought teams were picked based on training in week leading upto a game not based just on your last
Performance, might have a brilliant game one week then be a total arse in training next week, would you pick some one like that?

Pretty sure gus know wat he's doin......

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
I always thought teams were picked based on training in week leading upto a game not based just on your last
Performance, might have a brilliant game one week then be a total arse in training next week, would you pick some one like that?

Pretty sure gus know wat he's doin......

Disagree really but also yep, what do i know?!! - for me: play well, keep the shirt for the next game, otherwise what message does it give out?

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
He, more than any player we have IMO has struggled the most to make the step up to the Championship. But each time I've seen him he's looked a better, sharper, faster player.

I think we should hang onto him.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Loses the ball when in possession too easily, and still afraid to get stuck in. Would prefer JFC over him in the squad.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think it's going to be the same for Gordon Greer in the summer and possibly even Calderon, though I highly doubt it. We want to keep improving rather than sitting on our hands and there are tough calls to make. I have no doubt at all that Gus can and will make them though. The squad needs evolution rather than revolution but even just upgrading one or two players in the squad could make a massive difference. Some of the players we now deem to be not good enough are players who a few years ago would have been the first names on the team sheet, and that's how far we've come. But there's work still to be done.

This is the key point. Our squad has evolved greatly over the past three years and Gus has shown repeatedly that he is willing and capable of making harsh decisions when required. I think you're spot on about Greer too. I like him but he is starting to make more mistakes and at times has trouble keeping up with the speed of the game. Calderon is one he'll keep to be honest. Gus loves his profesionalism and he's a vital squad member, especially when it comes to bedding in the likes of Vicente, Bruno, Lopez and hopefully Ulloa. Plus, he is still performing for us. Painter is nearer the door I feel.

Dicker? I guess it depends greatly on the quality of player we get in. If we do manage to go up (big if) I'm not sure he'll stay, if we don't he's a good squad player who will certainly find a League One club and possibly a Championship club. He's a good player who, when given time on the ball, is superb.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Disagree really but also yep, what do i know?!! - for me: play well, keep the shirt for the next game, otherwise what message does it give out?

Play well but stick your feet up in training because you're guaranteed your spot next match sends out a worse message. For me, you need to work hard day in day out to get a place in a competitive squad and then work hard to keep it.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
He adds something we don't have a lot of in midfield. Very inventive and likes to play a quick ball, links the front and midfield well. He could do with being a bit stronger maybe. Definitely earned the right to play for a shirt when we played Newcastle imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here