Gary dicker

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mar 3, 2004
Hove
Totally agree that Dicker should be playing. Seems a shame that he only got on once the game had effectively got away from us but bloody hell didnt he make a difference! Id bet good money that result would have been vastly different if he had been playing from the start. Lets hope he now gets his chance eh.

showpony

Sep 2, 2004
HH
Yep agreed, he MUST start at Millwall.

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
I thought Crofts was class today, as was Dicker in his too little, too late, cameo.

I would love to see these two start together on Friday, I don't know what Dicker
has done to piss Slade off.

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
I thought Crofts was class today, as was Dicker in his too little, too late, cameo.

I would love to see these two start together on Friday, I don't know what Dicker
has done to piss Slade off.

Of all the games to leave Dicker on the bench - Stockport!
A former player ALWAYS wants to do one over on his previous club. Dicker would have had a brilliant 90mins if he had started. FACT.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I would love to see these two start together on Friday,

Sorry got to disagree. Navarro hada very good first half and was our midfield but faded in the 2nd raising questions over his fitness. Croft on the other hand was inconspicuous in the first half but a lttle better in the 2nd and only really came into when we went down to 9 men.

I agree about Dicker and feel that he should be the holding midfielder just in front of the back four at the bottom tip of a diamond with either Navarro, Cox or Thornhill if fit as the other tip just behind and supporting the strikers, this would then allow Bennet and Wright to attack the flanks with plenty of space to work their magic.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I thought both Crofts and to a lesser extent Navarro did pretty well in the first half, but were anonymous in the second.

Dicker was by some distance our best midfielder. I really hope he gets to start at the Den.

Stumpy Tim

We won those games at the end of the season with Dicker holding, Fraser & Loft chasing around in front of him, and Cox in a free role. We should do the same, but swap Fraser & Loft for Crofts & Thornhill, and I guess Bennett in the free role

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Navarro hada very good first half and was our midfield but faded in the 2nd raising questions over his fitness.

Sorry BG, agree with your 2nd point but Navarro was dreadful, for a holding midfield player at times he was further forward than Cox and Bennett on occasions. Definitely at fault in the build-up for the first and second goals, as when they broke was badly out of position thus exposing the defence.

Not a fan. Dicker urgently required.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Couldn`t agree more,Dicker and Crofts for me.I think Crofts looked better going forward yesterday although defensively our midfield had a shocker.
The sooner Dicker starts the sooner our first win will arrive,for me he was the main reason we stayed up.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The Dicker question

Why has Slade not been playing him?

By all accounts our best midfielder yesterday. Pretty much a unanimous opinion by all on here.

The two new guys in midfield have been poor in every game.

How come it has taken Slade so long to use him?

Just makes no sense at all to me.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
He'll be back on Friday. Don't worry.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I take it from your comment 'by all accounts' that you weren't there. Yes, he played well and should, on his contribution yesterday, be in the starting lineup on Friday. Having said that, I understood, as I didn't see any of the games, that he had a poor pre-season and that's why he wasn't in the starting line up. Hopefully that will change.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
A few people seem to be suggesting Navarro as the more attacking midfielder. By his own admission he is a defensive midfielder who shields the back four. I have been a bit worried by his positioning and mobility a few times now. He has also got caught in possession quite often especially against Walsall. He seems to need some match fitness.

Dicker on the other hand seems to know what he is going to do when he gets the ball. Like all the Stockport players we have signed he always looks to pass and move, an idea sadly lacking in many of our other players. He must play on Friday.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I'm still wondering why he is not getting picked, he was one of our best midfielders last season and now he aint getting a look in. When he came on yesterday he looked hungry and always wanted the ball. So why is being overlooked by Crofts and Navarro!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Just seen there's already another thread on the same subject.

Apologies.

At least it proves that a lot of us think that Slade has been daft to leave him out.

Feb 2, 2009
Brighton
I am 100% behind Russell, however, I also cannot understand why Dicker isn't playing. When he came on we started to play the ball on the floor and keep more possesion instead of throwing it away with hopeful long balls.

I think Crofts was better than Navarro yesterday and showed more energy so I'd like to see Crofts and Dicker play together on friday and try to get a partnership going. The sooner we get McNulty back and a consistent starting 11 the better.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I can't understand why he hasn't started every game this season, was our best midfielder by a country mile when he came on yesterday.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Christ we looked GOOD with 9 men when he came on.....

We passed and controlled the game and were always in it. I was sure we were going to make it 3-3 as we were getting some excellent posession and making good chances that on another day people like Virgo (terrible free kick) Wright half hit effort on back post etc would have scored with..

That all came about from Dicker coming on...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports