Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Bowyer sacked

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Personally I feel quite sorry for the guy, I think he was doing a pretty good job in very trying circumstances. It can't be easy working for Venky's.. Didn't their chairman make that famous remark, about not realising that there was such a thing as relegation, when he bought the club?

Although we the team that tried to play all the football, on another day Blackburn could have gone home with a point.
I agree. That was a tough job.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He's working with the talent he has available. Doubt he has had any influence in the players bought and probably wasn't consulted about the ones sold. Stuck with FFP restrictions as well. Still, Venkys know what their doing!!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Venkys = Absolutely zero class.

That one line will probably mean I will meet my maker at the end of an umbrella. Reputation is everything to those idiots.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If that lad hadn't missed with the header in injury time he might still be in a job.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Johnny Cantor retweeting denials that he's been sacked.

I'm watching Football League Tonight. No mention so far (and they have already done our usual minute)

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mods: May be worth changing the thread title to "There are rumours that Blackburn MAY have parted company with Gary Bowyer"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Particulary when we showed we had no confidence in scoring again and brought on midfielders to hold on to our slender lead,this will not go unnoticed by other managers.
We brought on one extra midfielder, with about 6 minutes to go (+ stoppage). What will these other managers do, now that they know we'll bring on an extra midfielder?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Seems a bit harsh really. Venky's haven't really given him vast riches to spend, their top goalscorer from last season has been sold and their next best striker seemingly is on his way. There's only so much you can do on a shoestring.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here