Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Borrowdale

cuthbert

Oct 24, 2009
He would have been a very good squad member for us, but as he is not happy in that role at QPR he probably would not have been interested in coming.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
IMO he wasn't actually all that. Thanks very much for helping to keep us up mind, but not up there in the memorable left back stakes.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
I must admit I thought he was quite poor however highly rated by my QPR season ticket holder mate.

Horses for courses.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that he would have been a good back up to Calderon and Painter but he was only doing the same at QPR . He lives in Worcester Park so he must be desperate to play regulalrly for him to move to Carlisle.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I completely forgot who he was even when reading the thread title only to remember when reading the thread - nowhere near Painter's class but a good player if i recall.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I thought he was decent player with a sweet left peg, should be plying his trade better than somewhere like Carlisle.
You have to remember he played in a defence coached by White and Booker when we saw him. As BG says he'd be a good signing as cover next season.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Best Withdean left backs are (in this order)

Painter
Nathan Jones
McNulty

Mayo deserves a mention as he was a tryer and always gave 100%

Borrowdale was not here long enough to join the list, but i'm not sure he would want to play second fiddle to Painter anyway

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

And he scored the winner against Derby when Ravenelli was playing, oops i mean warming up by the sand pit.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
He lives in Worcester Park so he must be desperate to play regulalrly for him to move to Carlisle.

Perhaps he's just desperate to get away from the poxy road works in Worcester Park at the moment.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
He had a 100% ratio for first crosses hitting the first man.

Strange as I had him down as having a great cross on him. Game of opinions I suppose.

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Best Withdean left backs are (in this order)

Painter
Nathan Jones
McNulty

Borrowdale was not here long enough to join the list, but i'm not sure he would want to play second fiddle to Painter anyway

Not sure how you can put McNulty in there to be honest, he must have played about ten games at Withdean. He was good on the ball, granted, and I thought he was going to be brilliant after his first couple of games. Unfortunately though he just wasn't good enough defensively.

My top three would be Painter, Jones and Mayo. I'd obviously have Watto in there as well for the few times he played in that position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here