[Albion] Garuda Select vs Brighton & Hove Albion

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Photo from the last time the teams played each other (April 2 2019). Five of these Albion players are still with us.

Garuda1819.jpg

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Got massively excited thinking we were going to play a game in Asia until I saw the date. Was ready to book a couple hours flight with some dodgy, yet cheap airline to Indonesia as a good excuse for a holiday.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Following comments about Garuda with interest. They're actually a decent airline these days and have been for many years now. They're actually one of only ten airlines in the world rated 5-Star by Skytrax, the highly respected air transport rating organisation. Quite how they made it into the world's top ten is a mystery to me, but they have their ways in Indonesia. Anyway, they used to have a crappy reputation even though not all their crashes were their fault. There were also and still are some Indonesian airlines whose planes I'd never set foot in. All Indonesian airlines were banned from Europe for many years, but this ban was lifted in 2018. Garuda have a safety record up with the best nowadays, a modern fleet and are the airline of choice for domestic and many international routes. Whilst in my opinion not in the same class as Singapore Airlines or Thai (who aren't in the top ten), I wouldn't think twice about using them nowadays, and nor would anyone else I know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports