Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Garry Birtles

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I actually met him last time I went to Forest when we were in the Championship and lost 3-0. He was doing corporate.

He was a lovely guy and when I told him I admired him as a kid, he was clearly very flattered.

I wish I'd told him the truth now - that he was utter gash whose second touch was always a tackle and that he was probably the only Man Utd signing worse than Ralph Milne.
Didn't Clough moan about him for being thick? Or was it slow? Could have been the same thing.

On a related derail, Virgo has made a nice career of wing-mannery on the commentaries on the EFL programme. He has just that tight balance of insight and dullness.

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
He particularly had me screaming obscenities at the TV when he was shouting “that’s a moving ball!”

The ref had clearly given advantage with his two outstretched arms instead of giving a free kick.

Birtles is an absolute cretin.

So much so that I am pining for the return of the extremely dull tones of Efan Ekoku for our next match.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He particularly had me screaming obscenities at the TV when he was shouting “that’s a moving ball!”

The ref had clearly given advantage with his two outstretched arms instead of giving a free kick.

So much so that I am pining for the return of the extremely dull tones of Efan Ekoku for our next match.
I forgot about this....he really is useless.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I’ve always disliked Birtles as an analyser.
I was the same with Don Goodman

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
IMG_6459.jpeg

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011

Someone “important” is reading NSC. Efan Ekoku is the co-commentator for today’s game 🤣

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Wanker Birtles at it again. Whether the decision was right or not, his lack of professionalism and any kind of balance or insight takes the piss. Who is paying him to turn up to Forest games and whinge?

Hope he had another good cry tonight. What a colossal ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here