Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gardner?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Crofts is a good English Championship box to box midfielder but when Tex, Colunga, Holla & Bruno start the fancy stuff, he does not really fit.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Bruno, Holla and Stephens would be my first choice central 3 based on recent evidence. But give Gardner a chance I thought he was better than Crofts today.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
But they are completely different players asked to play different roles in the team, how can you compare JFC (in the role he plays for us) to Tex?

I'm simply comparing contribution as I saw it. I don't know what SH is saying pre match but I very much doubt it's "everything has to go through Tex"

For me JFC was totally ineffective and I am sure that had something to do with him and Holla shifting around 2nd half

Crofts didn't feature, gave the ball away too much and if fast transition is what SH is trying to achieve then (today at least) Crofts wasn't at the races

I'm not anti either of them but, simply based on today (and a bit before) both looked out of place

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Would like to see what McCourt is all about
He came on for a bit at Swindon, He can't run but he looks very comfortable on the ball and can pick a good pass, think Darren Currie but in centre midfield.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I'm simply comparing contribution as I saw it. I don't know what SH is saying pre match but I very much doubt it's "everything has to go through Tex"

For me JFC was totally ineffective and I am sure that had something to do with him and Holla shifting around 2nd half

Crofts didn't feature, gave the ball away too much and if fast transition is what SH is trying to achieve then (today at least) Crofts wasn't at the races

I'm not anti either of them but, simply based on today (and a bit before) both looked out of place

But to compare Tex and JFC or Crofts is a bit like, albeit on a higher level, Xabi Alonso and Ronaldo or Joe Allen and Coutinho. One is asked to link the middle to the defence while the other is to create and score.
JFC especially is clearly doing the job he has been asked to do, collecting the ball from the back and spreading it wide when available or rolling play over to create space while covering the left back when he goes forward.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
All the new lads made Crofts first touch look clumsy in comparison.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Last night showed once again how bad Gary Gardener actually is. Lost the ball nearly everytime, no fight to win / track / get back, and that back-heel near the end :facepalm:

Just goes to add to how clueless Sami is as he keeps playing him.

Bloom tell 'em both to bugger off.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Gardner has looked poor in ever game I have seen him play. Gives the ball away too often and doesn't use it well at all.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Fooking useless on Saturday - shooting and passing was shocking. No desire to chase back either.
Same standard for the minutes he was on the pitch last night.

He adds nothing to the current midfield. Needs to be sent back to Villa immediately, he's a drain on the wage bill.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Last night showed once again how bad Gary Gardener actually is. Lost the ball nearly everytime, no fight to win / track / get back, and that back-heel near the end :facepalm:

How about the clueless group, who scout and recommend these players are brought to the club?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Really is the epitome of a loan player who couldnt give a monkeys. Now in some respects why should they care, they are on loan after all but he really just looks lazy and disinterested and should be sent back to Villa PRONTO.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
How about the clueless group, who scout and recommend these players are brought to the club?

There are some on here who wont say a word about he way we recruit players. Hush your mouth.

Mind you no

Sagbo
FFS
Holt
Taylor-Fletcher

As short term measures were missed so I agree with you.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Doea he like LIngard come with some claue that he has to play whenever fit? Its no excuse because I feel he is not motivated to play for us. Needs to be returned to Villa.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Not impressed. Is he really a PL player? Must give our lads a bit of hope of reaching the top.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Doea he like LIngard come with some claue that he has to play whenever fit? Its no excuse because I feel he is not motivated to play for us. Needs to be returned to Villa.

Thing is with Lingaard he was actually quite good!

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Never mind Gardner, we can send him back, its what's happened to Holla that worries me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here