Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gardening suggestions required: what should I PLANT?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Make a little herb garden. Cheap to buy small plants now, they grow easily and look nice.

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Put a raised bed in. This year I am growing lettuce, beetroot, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots, strawberries and sugar snap peas.

If you don't want to grow your own then why not buy some wildflower seeds and spread them over the area. Will flower this year if you do it soon.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
As Jack Straw said previously, it would be ideal to have a photo, size of area, does it get much sun and what do you actually want to grow.....no point suggesting a bed of veg if you don't like eating veg. Again, no point suggesting things like a nice Phormium if the bed's only a meter square.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
As Jack Straw said previously, it would be ideal to have a photo, size of area, does it get much sun and what do you actually want to grow.....no point suggesting a bed of veg if you don't like eating veg. Again, no point suggesting things like a nice Phormium if the bed's only a meter square.

Having driven past this man's gardens lately, I can say you will get well qualified balanced advice

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Green-fingered NSCers: the back garden at Harveys Towers is modest but there's a small patch of ground on which I'd like to grow something. It gets a decent amount of sunlight.

But, as you can tell from the moronic simplicity of this question, I have whatever the opposite of green fingers might be (brown? yellow?) - I am truly Terry F88Kwit in the garden department. Clueless beyond words.

So, great NSC public, what should I plant? Where to begin? What is most likely to survive in a small patch of earth in this locale? Herbs? Flowers? Carrots? Am I already too late for this year? Thanks.:hilton:

Peas, Sweet Peas, Onions, Carrots, Parsnips.............not too late :)

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Haha.....do you honestly think i could do that ? LOL

I thought it was your pride and joy...... but you can never tell with you irons!

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Broad beans. I have a wee vegetable patch of about 6ft x 4ft and a green fingered friend of mine said that they are a very good ground efficient vegetable to plant, with good crop density and production. That is what I will be planting this season.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here