Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Garden office advice please

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
1830496644ab6e6e4cc305cd526ab421.jpg

20c0a8332bcb2d09425258b51d72a6dc.jpg

e313e3be7cae964f3a862201a96f7fdb.jpg

Had this built last year came in at about £13,000 including running electrics from the from of the house off the meter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
Would you mind lining up your drinks optics please exactly level as they are bugging me now.

Thank you in advance.

Two of them have 25ml measures and the other is 35ml hence the one in the right looks slightly lower. Will put a 25ml when I next go in there. Hope this helps lol

D

Deleted member 2719

Two of them have 25ml measures and the other is 35ml hence the one in the right looks slightly lower. Will put a 25ml when I next go in there. Hope this helps lol

Just one criticism, Where are the bleeding pork scratchings???

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We had ours built ten years ago double glazed insulated floor walls and ceiling heater lights power bar fridge music never been an office and hopefully never will

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Just don't go with Malvern Garden Buildings. They are really really shit. Awful quality, disgruntled installers. Horrendous experience with them.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Fabulous man cave. I salute you :thumbsup:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Our house had one when we moved in. Insulation is pretty soon important, ours is basically not getting used now it's a bit chilly as it's not worth heating another room when the house is already cosy.

D

Deleted member 2719

Am waiting for my toe nails to grow. Will then bag em and pass off as pork scratchings.

I hope you pack them in a foil packet, we wouldn't want them going off.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Not sure if it applies to all but I read about some home offices in the garden can affect capital gains tax when selling. Might be worth checking.

If there has been any personal usage, then CGT would not apply as the GH is deemed to be part of principal private residence. Arguably, CGT could apply if the GH is bought by a limited company and used solely for business, albeit HMRC is hardly going to be able to prove that is the case. Personally, I think that is a bad idea as it adds complexity to selling the house (on the assumption that GH would go with the house) as inclusion of a commercial property will put many potential buyers off.

Perhaps more relevant is that whilst the building itself is not eligible for capital allowances (or even the 3% pa structures and buildings allowance), providing electrical and plumbing services, and equipping the office would be. If CAs are claimed, need to be careful when selling as balancing charges may apply.

Entirely irrelevant to this point but one that I forgot before is the insurance cost. Our premium was £152pa for a £15k building, which seems expensive; we went for it as we are well into the insurance year for main house and wanted to keep under one policy, but will be researching more on renewal. Be interested in any alternatives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here