Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Gangs of London (TV Show)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't have sky atlantic, and it would be the only thing I'd need now TV for and that feels a waste,especially as it can take me a while to watch shows so I'd be paying for several months subscription before I got close to finishing the show. So I bought the show on appleTV. Will get around to it eventually (just started umbrella academy season 2 last night). The over-the-top violence sounds very much in keeping with the similarities to Gareth Evans' 'Raid' movies, which are tremendous fun.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I am watching the Top Boy series, it really is good. I have re- watched the first 2 series and I am about half way through the 3rd series. Originally made by the BBC, it was dropped by them a few years ago, Netflix picked it up, and have made a good fist of it.
IMO, it’s better than Gangs of London, more realistic, it’s still violent, but the violence is less cartoonish.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Half way thru the DVD box set I bought as I haven’t got Atlantic, incredible so far, best £9 I ever spent, anyone local who wants a borrow after I’m done let me know.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Corin Hardy, the director is local [emoji106] He directed The Nun and is very much into horror. He also did some screenings last year at the Uckfield Playhouse, including one of An American Werewolf in London where he did a live chat with John Landis before the film was shown. Definitely one to watch.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Corin Hardy, the director is local [emoji106] He directed The Nun and is very much into horror. He also did some screenings last year at the Uckfield Playhouse, including one of An American Werewolf in London where he did a live chat with John Landis before the film was shown. Definitely one to watch.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Corin's a lovely guy and an acquaintance of mine. His Halloween Spooktaculars at the Uckfield Picture House are excellent.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Unfortunately the gangs of London are very real if you are unfortunate enough to live in the wrong part of south east London or parts of Hackney etc .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Here's a red band (explicit) trailer. It is very red band.

[tweet]1578414722633781248[/tweet]

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Gruesome clip, good graphics. Not got AMC+. Is it another subscription channel?

usernamed

Aug 31, 2017
I really loathe our continued and relentless Americanisation. **** off with your fetishisation of automatic weaponry.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
That trailer makes the first series look like a Disney film

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Here's a red band (explicit) trailer. It is very red band.

[tweet]1578414722633781248[/tweet]
I'm not going to go through and update all the tweets I've posted, but since I need to post a few times on the new version...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
(I assume my media links not displaying is because of the post count issue).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here