Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Games on my own

jaystap79

Sep 29, 2023
Morning all. Coming to the Burnley game later on my own. Sometimes bring the Mrs but with a baby it's not always that easy! Just wondered if many others go to games on their own? Doesn't really bother me (it's a rest from baby!)

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I will be today, father in law and son can't make this one. I do a good few aways on my own, my son comes sometimes. Tend to see the same regulars, especially if on Seagull Coaches so always someone to have a chat with.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Morning all. Coming to the Burnley game later on my own. Sometimes bring the Mrs but with a baby it's not always that easy! Just wondered if many others go to games on their own? Doesn't really bother me (it's a rest from baby!)
Yep, quite often (more away than home - junior has a ST but work is getting in the way quite a bit now and rules out most away games and some home games) - I don’t mind it at all. Spent 25 years having to travel on my own for work so completely used to it (and as anti-social as it sounds, I enjoy the solitude, the total control of the in-car radio etc). Loved the Athens trip…….walked miles sightseeing. There are always people to talk to at the game.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I’d go as far as saying I prefer going on my own, so I don’t have to talk to anyone and can focus on the game and forget the real world for a couple of hours
Good point…..can’t see how a lot of those in groups can focus on the game at all (or even want to in some cases)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The Amex is the last place I'd go if I wanted a rest from babies.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Normally go on my own, although today Mrs D is coming with me. Used to be I'd sometimes go on my own, sometimes with her, sometimes with one or both of my sons (who are now at uni). So that always made it tricky to have a ST, so have been a member since the scheme started and never have an issue getting a ticket.

It never bothers me being on my own - occasionally see friends etc., but more often than not, I don't. Often listen to JC and Warren's commentary through an earphone, as wherever I sit, there's bits of action hard to make out/good to have a different perspective on. So they keep me company! haha...

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
With a very few exceptions, I've been going to football on my own for nearly 50 years. I often go to the pub on my own too. I don't really have any friends in the area. I quite like it though I don't have much else to compare it with so can't say if it's preferable. I went to Athens with my wife. Though not to the match. She hates football and doesn't drink.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
A bit of a mix for me, mostly with son or sometimes with a friend sometimes by myself.

Today is by myself as he is ill - am happy to talk to people or just drink by myself.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Always go on my own.
Occasionally meet up with some mates pre-game.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I did that for most games in the Poyet/Garcia Amex era. The match part was fine and I got lucky with a group of friendly folk next to me.

But I found the travel bit boring, I'm a sociable animal. In the end I got less and less motivated, I gave up my ST (and managed to transfer it to that group .... PBOBE allowed special requests at that time).

Luckily my son got his Albion mojo back soon afterwards. He missed an entire cohort of Albion players including Ince, Gardner, COG, Agustien, Bennett :lolol:

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
I was about to use the phrase’ you’re never alone when you support The Albion’ which reminded me of an incident Wednesday night.

An old boy that sits near me (he’s in his 80s) was struggling on the steps to his seat hindered by the pie n Bovril he was carrying. So I gave him a hand and he went on to tell me how he was having a mare as he’d forgotten his walking stick, his phone and his debit cards. He then went on how he’d treated himself to a pie and drink and unaware of the situation thought it would be ok to pay with a tenner, obviously had no joy but while trying to negotiate with the staff another fan stepped in and paid for him of which he was very appreciative.
Top work from that Albion fan 👏

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
i used to, but luckily the kids seem to like coming with me so I go with them.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Yup, go on my own, but I get on with those around me so it’s still a good laugh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here