Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Games against the "Big 6"

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Agree. You could argue though that we had an extra days rest than them in such a short space of time and the amount played recently, I thought it showed in the last 20
Agree with both of you. But surely a "team like Chelsea" should be able to rotate their squad correctly to negate one day's rest.

Actually it's been doing my head in recently all this crap about Chelsea and their "young team". Poor Frank who has no decent players and has to play the kids.

Pulisic £50m?
Kepa £70m?
Kante £30m?
Rudiger £30m?
Kovacic £40m?

Etc etc.

That's the cost of two Amexes in just a small part of their squad, and then the wages...... Ouch.

Yeah he's down to the bare bones as Uncle 'Arry would say.

They have a ridiculously expensive squad. We did very well.

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
Agree with both of you. But surely a "team like Chelsea" should be able to rotate their squad correctly to negate one day's rest.

Actually it's been doing my head in recently all this crap about Chelsea and their "young team". Poor Frank who has no decent players and has to play the kids.

Pulisic £50m?
Kepa £70m?
Kante £30m?
Rudiger £30m?
Kovacic £40m?

Etc etc.

That's the cost of two Amexes in just a small part of their squad, and then the wages...... Ouch.

Yeah he's down to the bare bones as Uncle 'Arry would say.

They have a ridiculously expensive squad. We did very well.

No way did Kante only cost £30m in today’s market, did he?

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Who are the Big 6 this season.

The big 6 of recent seasons. Quite a few of them are getting battered left right and centre this season.

The "Big 6" are the "Big 6". That is why I used quotes. But to be fair, they have made up the top 6 for the last 3 seasons. And a few years before that as well. This year they are purely the Big 6 in terms of finances though, I agree.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The "Big 6" are the "Big 6". That is why I used quotes. But to be fair, they have made up the top 6 for the last 3 seasons. And a few years before that as well. This year they are purely the Big 6 in terms of finances though, I agree.

Also this season many/most, dare I say, all. looked at the Big 6 and saw at least 3 comparatively weak teams.

Mine were definitely Arsenal & Chelsea, with more than a touch of Utd.
I certainly didn't see the Spurs car crash coming.

It's hard to see that luxury happening again next season.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

Oh, I thought those were the BHA players who were taller than Maty Ryan and should be playing goalkeeper, Dan Burn, Lewis Dunk, etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here