Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game plan for tomorrow night

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Man mark Foresteri or stop the ball getting to him by a centre back right up him. He will be the one to keep possession, get them up the pitch and waste time.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Forget formations, 10 men running after the ball like 5 year old's football, a swarm...all over them like bees, sorry been drinking again.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
I really can't see Wednesday sitting back and playing a deep, defensive formation, in the hope of seeing out a 2-1 or 2-0 aggregate win. It's fanciful thinking. They're not going to be that naive. All managers know this is a recipe for disaster and against a pumped up Albion, with the crowd behind us, the chances of executing this strategy for a full 90 minutes is highly risky, borderline suicidal. I see Wednesday playing their normal game, with a steady tempo, shutting us down and moving the ball forward quickly to push us back. They will be desperate for an early goal and will no doubt seek out Hooper and Forestieri as soon as possible.

Albion on the other hand should make it a chaotic match, played at a lightning pace. This could disrupt Wednesday's flow. Every player has to push himself beyond his normal limits. That means Baldock chasing down every ball and keeping their back four pinned back. Even before the injury horror show, we failed to match Wednesday's workrate and their back four had far too much time on the ball. This won't happen again (surely??)

Albion's trump card is the fact we really have jack **** to lose. Even against Boro there was a hope we would pilfer a goal at the death but with 10 players run ragged, we didn't have the energy to throw the sink, more nudge it inch by inch.

Who knows, if Wednesday themselves go down to 10 in the early stages, it may get VERY interesting. VERY quickly.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He always manages to win free kicks and draws yellow cards, and a yellow card can become red later.
Absolutely, with Skalak and Dunk in the team those free kicks could be priceless.

Play with pace tomorrow Brighton, run at them all night.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Really looking forward to tomorrow night. There is no pressure of expectation at all. I sense some Blitz Spirit and a defiant party coming on.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
The game plan didn't work did it? We came at them with everything--attack, attack, attack--and Wednesday was able to hold on and score an official assisted goal. What other things could we have done?

I believe we should hang back and play incredible defence that will surprise them and have them fall back into a "comfort zone." In the second half we could then put on a full on attack-attack-attack that will surprise them and create a panic when the Owls thought they had it won in the first half. I think this will start yielding Albion goals and throw all the momentum behind us with a roaring and singing crowd. SW will not know how to respond.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here