Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Game of thrones

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just read the books, probably easier than waiting for a new episode every week.

They've become very different beasts, to the point where George R R Martin has said there's a fair chance the endings to the two will be entirely different.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Rate of production of GOT episodes means they may overtake the books. 20 years to between the first and the fifth novel, nothing since 2011. This series will broadly take story up to end of book 3.
Assume George manages to keep the current pace and publishes number 6 in 2015. That 4 and 5 are 1 season each as it's a bit of a stretch to make them 2, and the series producers are apparently thinking 9 seasons in total from 7 books. So 2 seasons for book 3, 1 for all the others and 2 for the final book.
That means 2017 will see book 6 concluded in series 7, meaning if George continues his average output time there will be a 2 year break! And that's optimistic as George has slowed down: A Game of Thrones (1996), A Clash of Kings (1998), A Storm of Swords (2000), A Feast for Crows (2005), A Dance with Dragons (2011)

Except George has now hinted at a book EIGHT...it was originally to be 3 books. Then 5. Then 6. Then 7. I vote it'll end up being 9.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
What an episode! Well played to the director for some really amazing scenes.

If you haven't watched it yet, you are in for a treat. :)

Supposed to have cost $8M for that single episode

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Impressive episode and very different to others, but I prefer the plot twists (despite having read the books) not 50 minutes playing out one predictable night in one place

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Can't fault it, it was pretty amazing to watch and the fact only one add break really helped. However It did get a bit tedious fight scene after fight scene. The Giants on the Mammoths were cool, and the arrow he shot at the wall showed their real power, thought that was a nice seen, also the pendulum was a great defensive weapon, but seriously, after climbing the wall is anyone really going to be able to fight?

Was this the first time we found out Maester Eamon was a targarian, it felt like it wasnt much of a shock and we already new this? once this season finishes i will be watching again from the begining all the way through 1-4.

That episode could easily have been split into three. 15 mins at the wall, 15 mins elsewhere to move some of the more boring plots along, finish off back at the wall.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Also disappointed. Worst episode of the current series.
Looked like a Lord of the Rings computer game.
Hope the finale is better.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thought it was fairly good, however the main issue for me (as with Blackwater) was winning the battle/driving the enemy back seemed very sudden and far, far too easy. It was looking so certain that all the Night's Watch were going to be wiped out, then suddenly "Ah, we're alright actually."

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Have never watched this, the amount of people talking about it I feel I may have to give in soon

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Only supposed to be 100 Night's Watch but convinced if you counted how many died there'd be at least 3 times that number who snuffed it.

Surely the free folk are the 'good guys' in this situation too........ so they did get beaten back and 'loose'

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Have never watched this, the amount of people talking about it I feel I may have to give in soon

If you enjoy that type of genre, you will love it.

Only supposed to be 100 Night's Watch but convinced if you counted how many died there'd be at least 3 times that number who snuffed it.

That's what I was thinking, they must have only about 20 men left watching the episode.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Setting up the next season nicely. A lot to take in.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I thought it was brilliant. :thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thought it was fairly good, however the main issue for me (as with Blackwater) was winning the battle/driving the enemy back seemed very sudden and far, far too easy. It was looking so certain that all the Night's Watch were going to be wiped out, then suddenly "Ah, we're alright actually."

This reminded me of NSC before the away game at Leicester.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here