Gai Assulin

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
I had a good feeling about Gai....I think that with a decent pre season behind him that he'd become a very decent winger for us.

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
Anyone else getting a bit bored of the constant Noone bashing?

Yes - I'm sure Gus knows who he wants, what he can afford to pay and he will get a healthy squad together that can compete and play the way he wants over the summer. I'll leave it to others to bash whoever they want (makes a change from Barnes anyway) and helps to pass the time ... :)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Who here has actually "bashed" Noone? I don't see anyone making any personal comments about him at all.

There haven't been any.

Some people have questioned his final ball, and others have declared that Cardiff's offer was a good one, and suggested we should have taken it.

All fair enough, whether you agree with it, or not.

Remember kids - if someone has a different opinion to you - that's okay.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
So the German clubs after him, aren't particularly inspiring, I imagine, though I am far from an expert on the Bundesliga.

We could be in with a shout, but possibly, as others have mentioned, need to look to off-load first?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Who are they?

According to Andy Naylor

Albion face strong competition from clubs in Germany if they want to re-sign Gai Assulin.

The Argus understands Eintracht Frankfurt, Cottbus and Hertha BSC are all interested in the 21-year-old Israeli after he was released yesterday by Manchester City.

Assulin, below, showed only glimpses of the form which made him a hot prospect with Barcelona following his loan move to The Amex from City in February.

Boss Gus Poyet was sufficiently impressed to extend the versatile winger’s deal the following month for the rest of the campaign but he was restricted to two starts and five substitute appearances for the Seagulls.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
He's an Israeli, His shirt number is 13, his name sounds like "Gay Assassin".... If he signs he'll be my favourite player.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
According to Andy Naylor

Albion face strong competition from clubs in Germany if they want to re-sign Gai Assulin.

The Argus understands Eintracht Frankfurt, Cottbus and Hertha BSC are all interested in the 21-year-old Israeli after he was released yesterday by Manchester City.

Assulin, below, showed only glimpses of the form which made him a hot prospect with Barcelona following his loan move to The Amex from City in February.

Boss Gus Poyet was sufficiently impressed to extend the versatile winger’s deal the following month for the rest of the campaign but he was restricted to two starts and five substitute appearances for the Seagulls.
Hertha I'd say would be very attractive, hugely supported club, major city. Same goes for Eintracht to a slightly lesser extent. Hertha have just been relegated but still, they do that sometimes, they're like Newcastle. Eintract have just been promoted to Bundesliga. Cottbus are in Bundesliga 2 and not really very big club.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Agent Z

According to Andy Naylor

It is his bloody agent hawking.

It is almost as though if there are transfer rumours it means exactly the opposite. The agent wants the player's name in the press. And there is no agent more crafty than Z.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove

It is almost as though if there are transfer rumours it means exactly the opposite. The agent wants the player's name in the press. And there is no agent more crafty than Z.

did you fall asleep before finishing that post?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

The player is out of contract and without a club. He'd be a pretty shit agent, if he WASN'T hawking him about.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The player is out of contract and without a club. He'd be a pretty shit agent, if he WASN'T hawking him about.

lamb.jpg

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Have read all of this thread and there is a real difference of opinion (unusual for NSC I know)

For my money I think Gai has great potential, and is exactly the sort of player we should be trying up sign.

Come on Gus work your magic.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
I'm guessing you didn't generally get the sense the rest of us did from his first touch, turn of pace, technical ability etc? You can just tell when a players "got it" or hasn't, sometimes. He was the best player against West Ham, constantly causing them problems. There was another home game (genuinely can't remember which) where they literally could not get the ball off him. There's a lot of development needed, but for me he has a natural ability and talent closer to Vicente than LuaLua or Buckley, and certainly Noone.

Watford or Millwall if im correct?

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
If German clubs are sniffing we have no chance of signing the Gay Assassin. A player deemed brilliant by Barcelona, Man City and Israel but not much cop by NSC. Ha ha I love you idiots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports