Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gaby Agbonerwhore

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Recently yes. But he was a good player about a hundred years ago.

I think Gabby's attitude started to change when he himself started to be personally singled out for criticism by Managers and hierarchy at the Villa. That's not an excuse for him and some of his antics but Gabby took a lot of the criticism which was not his to bear for the Villa demise over the last few years.

I think he would be an astute signing. He is a very clever player, he is strong AND quick and in the Championship that would be a good thing. I worry about his goal ration though. He has never been prolific but maybe dropping a division would improve that.

I have no insight into anything on this but I kind of suspect that a striker we go for will have had Premiership experience. Or experience in one of the Top European leagues, so I wouldn't dismiss this story out of hand. The only concern I would have, if this is genuine is that if we pay a massive transfer fee for him. Villa want shot of him so I don't think a massive fee should be necessary.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Why would hughton undo all of the good work he's done getting this team to play for each other? He's an overweight party boy and the kind of dogshite player I would wish on our rivals.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Can we make up shit transfer stories and put them on Twitter.

BREAKING: Aston Villa agree £6m fee to sign Brighton stars Elvis Manu & Danny Holla. #avfc #bhafc #breakingnews #transfers #championship #madeuptwitterbollocks

BREAKING: #bhafc star striker Chris O'Grady set for £5m move to #nufc #bhafc #breakingnews #transfers #championship #madeuptwitterbollocks

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think Gabby's attitude started to change when he himself started to be personally singled out for criticism by Managers and hierarchy at the Villa. That's not an excuse for him and some of his antics but Gabby took a lot of the criticism which was not his to bear for the Villa demise over the last few years.

I think he would be an astute signing. He is a very clever player, he is strong AND quick and in the Championship that would be a good thing. I worry about his goal ration though. He has never been prolific but maybe dropping a division would improve that.

I have no insight into anything on this but I kind of suspect that a striker we go for will have had Premiership experience. Or experience in one of the Top European leagues, so I wouldn't dismiss this story out of hand. The only concern I would have, if this is genuine is that if we pay a massive transfer fee for him. Villa want shot of him so I don't think a massive fee should be necessary.

I'm sure a massive transfer fee wouldn't be necessary, but I'm equally sure that his wage demands would be massive. The bottom lione is, that even if we were interested, we wouldn't be able to afford his salary.

Don't get me wrong, he was a good player in his day, and seems to be suffering some unfair criticism in this thread, but he isn't a player that we should be pursuing.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I'm sure a massive transfer fee wouldn't be necessary, but I'm equally sure that his wage demands would be massive. The bottom lione is, that even if we were interested, we wouldn't be able to afford his salary.

Don't get me wrong, he was a good player in his day, and seems to be suffering some unfair criticism in this thread, but he isn't a player that we should be pursuing.

Chris know Managers he has worked under. If he is interested in him, he will have sounded out what his attitude in training etc is like. He won't go for him if he has a bad attitude.

His fall from grace has only been recent so he hasn't become a bad player overnight and we should be considering ALL GOOD PLAYERS. I wouldn't be drooling at the thought of signing him but I would be optimistic that he could potentially be a good effective signing

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I fit focused Agbonlahor would do us well the present one would be a waste of space.

This, and maybe we could get him fit and focussed.......

....... But is this real?

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Can't believe anyone believes all this shite?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Chris know Managers he has worked under. If he is interested in him, he will have sounded out what his attitude in training etc is like. He won't go for him if he has a bad attitude.

His fall from grace has only been recent so he hasn't become a bad player overnight and we should be considering ALL GOOD PLAYERS. I wouldn't be drooling at the thought of signing him but I would be optimistic that he could potentially be a good effective signing

Do you not know the rules you are not allowed to talk sense.as I said earlier jn the thread the Abbonlahor of the past would be a great signing the One of this season would be a waste of time but if CH saw any prospect he could knock him back into shape jf anybody can.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom

I really hope you are wrong. His main asset in fact pretty much has only asset has been pace. His age and physical condition will have blunted that and without it I really don't think he offers much. If he was on a free at minimal wages then he could be worth a look, but even then I would be dubious to say the least, he also fancies himself as a bit gangsta as you could see from his nitros oxide photos not sure his heart is in it anymore. As you say CH will have a better view of the player than us, but the pace thing is a reality...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I really hope you are wrong. His main asset in fact pretty much has only asset has been pace. His age and physical condition will have blunted that and without it I really don't think he offers much. If he was on a free at minimal wages then he could be worth a look, but even then I would be dubious to say the least, he also fancies himself as a bit gangsta as you could see from his nitros oxide photos not sure his heart is in it anymore. As you say CH will have a better view of the player than us, but the pace thing is a reality...

I tend to agree with one or two of your points but when you get singled out for criticism the way he did at Villa, I can understand why he thought ''**** it'' why should I bother.

He has more than pace to his game though. He is clever in his movement and can pull central defenders out of position; however, like I said, I am not drooling at the prospect but dropping a division he could be good. Maybe I will do some fishing on the subject.

SeagullofMalaysia

Jan 29, 2016
Somewhere in north Malaysia
Only 2 things can happen to him:
1) He could become good again by dropping down a division and rediscovering his form, fitness and throwing away his partying attitude, whether it is Villa, us or other Champ. clubs
Or
2) He can become the next Leon Best in the Championship

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
With Hughton at the helm I am relaxed whomever he signs as I am sure he will control the situation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here