Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gabby Agbonlahor - wipes put one direction star

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
It was over-blown when media say he "scythed him down" but even so, when clatter into him in that situation. You have a celebrity putting himself out there for the good of the cause (a mate of Gabbys presumably), and the pros just do not need to make any challenges like that. the kid was just bring the ball out, across the area, looking to pass out to the right back.

There was just no need to clatter into him at all.

Yes there was.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Yes there was.

Some young lad, with probably 1.000 places he could be, doesn't need to be there at all, but does it because he's asked to give his time for the good of Stilian Petrov, and the financial security of his family.

Please tell me what the need to clatter into him was?

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I don't understand why people make personal comments about these youngsters. If you don't like their music don't listen. If you don't like their type of entertainment just says it's not for you. But when people make nasty snide remarks it makes me wonder if the posters themselves have personal esteem issues they need to deal with.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It was over-blown when media say he "scythed him down" but even so, when clatter into him in that situation. You have a celebrity putting himself out there for the good of the cause (a mate of Gabbys presumably), and the pros just do not need to make any challenges like that. the kid was just bring the ball out, across the area, looking to pass out to the right back.

There was just no need to clatter into him at all.

Could not agree more. What you think of One Direction is irrelevant. He was giving up his time for a good cause and tackling him like that was pretty pathetic and small minded.

Going off at a slight tangent last year I attended a charity celeb match at Eastbourne United and watched some guy who apparently plays/played a character called Aaron in Emmerdale. Bearing in mind that the Eastbourne team were veterans this bloke was running around like a headless chicken and putting in some silly tackles for a friendly. Half way through the second half my father in law came on and I jokingly shouted that he needed to "sort out that no. 5 ". Next thing I know is that Femme Dale actor let's out a string of expletives and beckons me on to the pitch! I can laugh now but the hordes of kids with mums and dads on the touchline were a bit taken aback.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I don't understand why people make personal comments about these youngsters. If you don't like their music don't listen. If you don't like their type of entertainment just says it's not for you. But when people make nasty snide remarks it makes me wonder if the posters themselves have personal esteem issues they need to deal with.

Exactly.

I never liked the Sex Pistols music that my brother played, or Bros which all the girls seemed to play for a few years at school, so I didn't choose to listen to it. I would never have thought to slag off John Lydon or Matt Goss, for making music that I don't like. Blimey, what makes me the ultimate judge.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii

Or maybe have tween or teenage girl(s) in the house. Who when having friends over play this shit music on the Ipod. So you vicariously end up hearing the music and then want to do very bad things to said pop star(s).

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Or maybe have tween or teenage girl(s) in the house. Who when having friends over play this shit music on the Ipod. So you vicariously end up hearing the music and then want to do very bad things to said pop star(s).

I think you have anger issues.

The first half of your post applies to me, but the second half REALLY doesn't.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I think you have anger issues.

The first half of your post applies to me, but the second half REALLY doesn't.

Anyway Dr. Sigmund Gritt23. How do you know said pop star wasn't giving it the Billy big b#*#*#ks before the match and didn't deserve a dig in the game. How do you know these two don't have a history? You don't. There could be any number of reasons you don't know about why he gave him a kick.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
My take on this was that it wasn't exactly clattering him, but it was a little unnecessary.

And as for the anti 1D people I really don't see what all the hate is for. Good clean living youngsters, reasonable role models, and okay music. It was a charity game, and I am sure the crowd was substantially boosted by One Directioners, which is good for the charity.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Boris kinda reminds me of a swedish cousin IT , having seen that clip for the 1st time theres nothing there to change my mind , Great tackle :lolol:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
How do you know these two don't have a history? You don't. There could be any number of reasons you don't know about why he gave him a kick.

I agree completely with this.

I mean, how unlikely is it that a teenage popstar from a boyband had a personal fued with a premier league footballer, so bad so that the said footballer decides to get revenge with a slightly awkward tackle at a charity match live on tv.

I'm sure that's what it was....

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Some young lad, with probably 1.000 places he could be, doesn't need to be there at all, but does it because he's asked to give his time for the good of Stilian Petrov, and the financial security of his family.

Please tell me what the need to clatter into him was?

Good shout. There could be no reason at all why a premiership player should clatter a young lad like that (irrespective of his singing ability) who is doing his bit to help out a good cause.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Anyway Dr. Sigmund Gritt23. How do you know said pop star wasn't giving it the Billy big b#*#*#ks before the match and didn't deserve a dig in the game. How do you know these two don't have a history? You don't. There could be any number of reasons you don't know about why he gave him a kick.

Because Gabby has already offered an apology! He knows he was a bit dumb to make the challenge, so there is no need for you to try and invent some bizarre set of circumstances that would have explained it other than it being a silly unnecessary challenge.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I made a trivial comment on twitter about one direction being one down and got a death threat in reply..... playground band/playground fans

Join the club, so did I :lolol:

(really badly spelled, I should add)

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Because Gabby has already offered an apology! He knows he was a bit dumb to make the challenge, so there is no need for you to try and invent some bizarre set of circumstances that would have explained it other than it being a silly unnecessary challenge.

I am not inventing a bizarre set of circumstances merely playing devils advocate in what was looking like a one sided debate. You're the one who started projecting by claiming "I think you have anger issues". As for the apology he was probably told to do it by his agent rather than keep getting crap through social media from One Direction fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here