Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gabby Agbonlahor for sale

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Actually, this is a serious discussion thread. You may be being sarcastic, I suppose, but remember, sarcasm is he lowest form, etc, etc.

Thanks for that. What a great retort. Woop's more sarcasm. I just can't help myself.

Serious discussion? You do realize this is NSC. Remember where you are.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He would score goals at this level, he has a little bit of nous and know how - but does he really have the desire? I'm not convinced that he would, but a loan for no more than a third of his weekly wage might prove prudent business.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
INSANELY fast in his prime, but not much else to his game.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Just said on SSN he is to be sold in January. Apart from the usual wages issue, could he be a possibility? Probably be a few PL teams interested but he can't get in the matchday squad of the team bottom of the league. Terrible barren run at the moment but has scored roughly 1 in 4 in the top league.

Is he PL, Championship or overseas bound?

According to a work colleague in Birmingham who knows a journalist qwho works for the Birmingham Mail Villa are looking for 8-12m.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
it wouldnt be to hard to become disillusioned at villa and he has an excellent record still pretty young i would be happy to have him on a loan to buy dependent on promotion

On loan from who? They are looking to sell him, to get him off the wages books...they are hardly going to say to brighton..." Here have him on loan and we will continue to pay his wages" are they?

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
Watched him play this season when Villa were playing Southampton in a cup match at St Marys...he looked very ordinary...its a 'no thanks' from me

No. 25

Aug 25, 2012
I had the misfortune of accompanying a Villa supporting mate to watch them play Southampton in the league cup a few weeks ago.

Without exaggerating, I'd say he looked at least 3 stone overweight. Pretty disgraceful really.

No thanks.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
According to a work colleague in Birmingham who knows a journalist qwho works for the Birmingham Mail Villa are looking for 8-12m.

I can't believe Villa gave him a 4-year contract just 15 months ago after he'd scored a mere 21 Prem goals in 117 appearances in the previous 4 seasons. That price tag puts him up there with the likes of McCormack, Rhodes and Andre Gray who bag about 1 in 2 in the Championship. Is he really still good enough to achieve that?

It seems once a player leaves Villa they either turn rubbish or have bad luck - Benteke has been ordinary for Liverpool, Bent and Weimann ordinary for Derby, Delph and Cleverley unspectacular at Citeh and Everton, it took Ron Vlaar 7 months to find another club after becoming a free agent then tearing his meniscus, Joe Bennett hasn't kicked a ball for Bournemouth. I can't see Agbonlahor being any different.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Surely he's on more than £60k pw? Wouldn't he be one of Villa's 'senior' players, regardless of how old and shit he is?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here