Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Fury Vs Wilder 3

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
If wilder wins the series is even. Definitely on that basis want a Fury win as that will put an end to it

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For Fury v Wilder II I stayed up all night and woke my son as the boxers entered the ring, as I’m more of a night owl than him.

But a likely 4:30 BST is awful, Sunday would be a washout for me.

I can’t see myself bothering this time, sadly, but will be desperately keen that Fury wins and finding footage if he does.

Heard an interview with his dad today (Fury). Sounds just like him. A small town pharmacist with a clothes peg on his nose, a carrott up his arse, and a blood lust. Quite like them both. I wonder what's actually wrong with them in the mind tank, though? ???

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm bollocksed if I'm staying up for this. I'll avoid the social media, and have a fish around on YouTube at a more sensible time with a bacon sarnie.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
For Fury v Wilder II I stayed up all night and woke my son as the boxers entered the ring, as I’m more of a night owl than him.

But a likely 4:30 BST is awful, Sunday would be a washout for me.

I can’t see myself bothering this time, sadly, but will be desperately keen that Fury wins and finding footage if he does.

Heard an interview with his dad today (Fury). Sounds just like him. A small town pharmacist with a clothes peg on his nose, a carrott up his arse, and a blood lust. Quite like them both. I wonder what's actually wrong with them in the mind tank, though? ???

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I cant see this fight being much different to the last one, which was pretty one sided. I fear for Wilder's mental health if that happens as he took that loss really, really badly, with the amount of ridiculous excuses that he came out with.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Looks like Wilder has bulked up massively this time. Must be in response to getting bullied in the 2nd fight where Fury was over 2st heavier.

There's definite differences between this and the last fight, Wilder also had a new trainer. Won't necessarily go the same way as the 2nd

Last edited:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Was wondering when the thread would appear.

My days of watching Boxing at 4am on ppv are well gone. Back in the day we'd get a load of us together to pay for the fight, go clubbing and head back to the hosts' place for more beer and the fight.

The idea of me staying up with my teenage son until about 5 and rationing the beers to stay awake before dealing with the youngest after about three hours sleep is marginally less appealing than the idea of setting the alarm for 3.30 and watching it alone with coffee. In short, I'd rather pay Hearn over the odds for an inferior AJ fight and fixed undercard because I can get eight hours kip afterwards :lolol:

Originally had Fury down for this but his comments about his weight today are "interesting" to say the least.

Agree… my days are also behind me. It’s the cost of the night out and the cocaine to stay in the game as well.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I've got a fair bit of confidence in Wilder taking this one.
We might get a Fury Joshua non title fight.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Looks like Wilder has bulked up massively this time. Must be in response to getting bullied in the 2nd fight where Fury was over 2st heavier.

There's definite differences between this and the last fight, Wilder also had a new trainer. Won't necessarily go the same way as the 2nd

Still over 2 stone difference this time round

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I’m a sports bad loser, not in a sulky way, but I have ‘coping’ strategies. Keeps me sane, when others feel the hurt for ages afterwards.

I knew we’d get hammered by the Yanks at this particular Ryder Cup, they had home advantage and dominate majors now over Europe in a way I haven’t seen since Trevino, Nicklaus, Watson etc. So I didn’t watch one jot. The Ashes, yep that can hurt, I think they’ll destroy an England team with a load of players staying home to be with the missus. Boxing - Canelo, Crawford and Spence are far, far better than UK fighters in those divisions, it’s obvious they’d destroy any Brits imo.

So I’ll stick to Fury, Josh Taylor and some up and coming great talents.

A question …. if the Albion were getting beat 4-0 by Mansour’s $$$$ Citeh, would you hang around until to the bitter end? I turn the TV over or catch an earlier park n ride. I’m not alone!

Obviously, in reality, we would beat City 3-2, with Dan Burn scoring the winner, but okay, I’ll play.
The pleasure of just being at the Amex overrides any crap on the pitch, so I stay. But when we are getting well beaten on the telly, I tend to lose interest and turn off towards the end.
Like you, I can’t help but get invested in my teams/athletes. Sussex Cricket, Albion, British boxers, British
tennis players, Ronnie O’Sullivan, Oxford United, Home nations football. In that order. A cigarette paper between the top two. Albion used to top my list, but if there’s one downfall to us being an elite club, it’s that I don’t feel the connection like I did when we had David Cameron up front. I used to like comparing the ability of the players with my own. Ah well, an army of internationals and nice pies, it is.

Last edited:

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Once again boximg f***s it all up. The fight everybody wanted was Joshua v. Wilder. Wilder steered well clear, and went for what he thought was a winnable fight with Fury; how wrong he was! - and now they're into a valueless third meeting. One way or another, both have avoided (or contractually been obliged to avoid) Joshua; Joshua has fouled up with a sloppy performance leading to a shock defeat.
Fury to beat Wilder again to get this irrelevant fight out of the way, then Joshua to finally gets to beat up Wilder, followed by Fury-Joshua, an all British fight for the undisputed heavyweight championship. Boxing fans' (not Amercan ones, obviously!) ideal scenario. Ain't gonna happen, is it?
Anyone who knew about Usyk would not call Joshua's loss a shock defeat.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Anyone who knew about Usyk would not call Joshua's loss a shock defeat.
It may not have been a shock to you and a relatively smal number of ITK people, but to the rest of the world it was a shock. So shock it was, then - and definately a sloppy and uninspired effort by Joshua.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
It may not have been a shock to you and a relatively smal number of ITK people, but to the rest of the world it was a shock. So shock it was, then - and definately a sloppy and uninspired effort by Joshua.
A sloppy, poor performance by Joshua I can agree with. I blame his corner team just as much as Joshua.

Uysk being the undisputed Cruiser weight champion, who has also previously beaten Bellew and Chisora (both fairly big names in boxing) was never going to be an easy match up.

Even Chisora gave Usyk more of a fight than Joshua did.

Joshua really needs to knuckle down and begin pin pointing his tactics against Southpaws. The problem is trying to find southpaw sparring partners who can move like Usyk at Heavyweight.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A sloppy, poor performance by Joshua I can agree with. I blame his corner team just as much as Joshua.

Uysk being the undisputed Cruiser weight champion, who has also previously beaten Bellew and Chisora (both fairly big names in boxing) was never going to be an easy match up.

Even Chisora gave Usyk more of a fight than Joshua did.

Joshua really needs to knuckle down and begin pin pointing his tactics against Southpaws. The problem is trying to find southpaw sparring partners who can move like Usyk at Heavyweight.

Can't disagree with that. Joshua is still a big step up from Bellew and Chisora though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Joshua is over rated. His career has been extremely carefully managed to get him to where he has got it. The 2 defeats will mean he can never be a great - and if I’m honest I’m not sure his heart is really in it any more any way?

Still find it crazy that apparently AJ couldn’t get a deal done for the Wilder fight, but Fury did no problem.

Regardless of outcome, Fury has always put himself in for the big fights and stepped up. AJ seems to float around with the ‘safer’ fights

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Joshua is over rated. His career has been extremely carefully managed to get him to where he has got it. The 2 defeats will mean he can never be a great - and if I’m honest I’m not sure his heart is really in it any more any way?

Still find it crazy that apparently AJ couldn’t get a deal done for the Wilder fight, but Fury did no problem.

Regardless of outcome, Fury has always put himself in for the big fights and stepped up. AJ seems to float around with the ‘safer’ fights
The notion that if a fighter loses they will never be a great really grinds me.

Look at Muhammad Ali... How many times did he lose in his career? 5 times.

Lennox Lewis? Lost Mike Tyson? Lost manny pacquiao? Also lost.

Great fighters have loses because they fight the best.

Are you saying they are not great?

Wilder never lost until he stepped in with Fury... Why? Look at who Wilder has actually had to fight with.

Joshua won the Olympics, unified the heavy weight division and yet he has been 'extremely carefully' managed?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Maybe a bit harsh but still can see AJ getting through his career without ever fighting Fury or Wilder which would be a huge blot on his career as a ‘great’ in my opinion

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Maybe a bit harsh but still can see AJ getting through his career without ever fighting Fury or Wilder which would be a huge blot on his career as a ‘great’ in my opinion
Joshua Vs Fury was going to happen until Wilder and his team went to the court of arbitration and won a challenge meaning Fury had to fight him for the third time.

You can't blame Joshua if Wilder v Fury had two re-match clauses.

Wilder and Fury's first fight was December 2018!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Joshua Vs Fury was going to happen until Wilder and his team went to the court of arbitration and won a challenge meaning Fury had to fight him for the third time.

You can't blame Joshua if Wilder v Fury had two re-match clauses.

Wilder and Fury's first fight was December 2018!

No contract was ever actually signed though was if ? Was all talk in the end. And why do you think AJ couldn’t get a deal done with Wilder, but Fury did ? Even more so as it was Fury big fight so soon after a long period out and all his troubles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here