Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Fury vs Chisora 3 £26.95 PPV

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Farcical fight, Fury just dominating as expected, glad I didn’t pay £27 for it.

Chisora is a professional punch bag at this point, sad to see.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Crowd boooed when Usyk was shown on the big screen; very disrespectful to someone who’s won and defended a title and literally fought for their country in the past 12 months.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Farcical fight, Fury just dominating as expected, glad I didn’t pay £27 for it.

Chisora is a professional punch bag at this point, sad to see.
Getting to the point when the corner has to do the decent thing.

Remember Gerry Cooney’s cornerman actually getting into the ring to get in between him and Larry Holmes.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
This is a glorified spar, Fury could end it whenever he wants. It’s just insulting to proper boxing really, it’s a total mismatch of a fight, and Fury knows it, that’s why he got so irked any time someone had the bare faced CHEEK to tell him this fight was a joke.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
This is a glorified spar, Fury could end it whenever he wants. It’s just insulting to proper boxing really, it’s a total mismatch of a fight, and Fury knows it, that’s why he got so irked any time someone had the bare faced CHEEK to tell him this fight was a joke.
Little bit more than spar, it’s actually gone past entertaining, let’s hope we don’t end up with another Michael Watson.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Listened on the radio whilst in the kitchen. Sounds like Fury could have finished it any time he wanted (old boys act preventing him from doing so according to one pundit), constant talk of ‘levels’ between the fighters and criticism of the ref for not stopping it early enough.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Feel sorry for those boxing fans at Tottenham’s stadium who paid money to watch that one-sided display.
Fury could have easily finished that fight in Round 2 if he wanted easily but instead used it as a spar session.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Chisora is a brave man. People saying Fury wasn't trying to take him out?
His face and in between rounds when every time he was given water to drink it was the colour red when he spat it out.
Hope this is his last fight, as we know with other fighters in the past the long-term damage to the brain can catch up later in life.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Chisora is a brave man. People saying Fury wasn't trying to take him out?
His face and in between rounds when every time he was given water to drink it was the colour red when he spat it out.
Hope this is his last fight, as we know with other fighters in the past the long-term damage to the brain can catch up later in life.
Brave, or stupid/chasing one last purse?

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Bit miffed by all the negativity.
Chisora in the last few years has been pretty good.
Chisora gave Usyk all kinds of problems in their fight and made more of a mark than AJ did in 2 fights.

I think it just showed how brilliant Fury is, especially since the change of trainer and the added aggression. I honestly don't think anyone could beat him.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Its all about margins, there’s no doubt Fury needed a tune up fight before Usyk, Joyce or even AJ, looking at the availability in the WBC rankings Chisora despite being on 12 defeats was a legitimate opponent. ( You could argue for a time he gave Fury more of a fight than Whyte did)
The flip side is, that financially Fury and his backers wanted a stadium fight, the first ever in December, and I stand corrected there was more people there than I thought there would be, the fight was tailor made indoors for the O2 or even Fury’s beloved Manchester, but that wouldn’t have got him anywhere near what they are apparently paying him.
As for the contest, to reiterate let’s hope Chisora has no long term damage, but his corner or even the Ref could and should have pulled him out from the 5th Round onwards rather than the tenth, over 12 more minutes of unnecessary punishment.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Just watched the fight. Concur with the majority in that he was getting battered and should’ve been stopped around the fifth round. Thought Fury went very easy on him and could’ve put him down at any point. No sure we learnt very much, it’s always about Fury vs Usyk anyway which will be the one I buy. Also, nearly £30 quid for that is excessive. It was basically a tune up fight and the difference in class was huge, as most of us knew it would be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here