Further squad changes

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Tanno left this morning by mutual consent..so I would count on him putting anything on at the Amex!!

Er, whoosh!

He all but writes off Bridcutt staying, suggests we won't sign any of the players that are out of contract, we won't get Upson, and then askes "who else" might go and suggests the likes of KLL, Buckley & PIG.

I think I've just woken up to the idea that the OP is either a palace troll, or a Brighton troll, either way, just a WUM.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
What a miserable thread! Think we'll get David back, Upson maybe too. Not that fussed is El-Abd goes (as long as Upson or one other comes in) and think Dunk's role as 3rd choice with Rohan Ince behind him is fine with the former's court case over?

Shorey ahead of Maxi at LB would be good and I'd like Ake on loan to replace Hammond but very happy with that.

Actually think we'll get to that happy place AND add a couple of immense players too.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Now we have a new manager presumably we will start to see some more squad announcements soon.

My guess is that Bridcutt will go and we may not get El Abd back. Not so sure about Spanish Dave but he may go too. I haven't heard anything about Upson, but again it seems unlikely well get him back.

Will anyone else go? Possibilities could be Kaz, Buckley or god forbid the PIG. Hopefully the new appointment might stabilise things.

Greer and Bruno are getting long in the tooth and we can't expect them to stay fit. All of this makes defence a major priority.

We need about half a dozen decent new signings/ loans....

Err, no.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
He all but writes off Bridcutt staying, suggests we won't sign any of the players that are out of contract, we won't get Upson, and then askes "who else" might go and suggests the likes of KLL, Buckley & PIG.

I think I've just woken up to the idea that the OP is either a palace troll, or a Brighton troll, either way, just a WUM.

He's pessimistic, no doubt, but he doesn't say he wants to sell any players.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

The bit where he was talking about selling Bridcutt, PIG, Buckley and Kaz.

It's subjective I know, but I'd certainly classify 3 of these as being in the group of our best players, and Kaz can be outstanding on his day.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I saw on football transfer rumours that we were going to sign Gus to play for us. He was scouted during the veterans tournament in the West indies recently and it is thought that he could still do a job:)

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The bit where he was talking about selling Bridcutt, PIG, Buckley and Kaz.

It's subjective I know, but I'd certainly classify 3 of these as being in the group of our best players, and Kaz can be outstanding on his day.

Yeah, but the OP doesn't imply or state that he wants them to be sold. He's talking about players we could lose. He even says 'God forbid' when raising the possibility of PIG leaving.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Yeah, but the OP doesn't imply or state that he wants them to be sold. He's talking about players we could lose. He even says 'God forbid' when raising the possibility of PIG leaving.

But we can't lose them; they're all under contract. Hence, they'd have to be sold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports